Looking for Artist, Composer, Coder, and Uploader

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Mireashta

Looking for Artist, Composer, Coder, and Uploader

#1 Post by Mireashta »

So I have been playing a ton of visual novels and I got an itch at wanting try my hand at creating a visual novel. I want to create it with a team of people and then release it for free and then see if it will be any good. If a lot of people like it, I want to make more visual novels to see if I can start doing this as like a job. Of course the team that I work with will also be getting payments as well.

I am good at writing and have already started on a project story called, "Sweet Curse".

Summary: Hiroki Kantono stole some cookies from his neighbor so this old hag cursed him as payback. The curse was that he find someone to marry in two weeks but if he doesn't find anyone by the end of the two weeks, he dies.

There are 6 choices, which means 6 endings.

There will be a mature scene so artist, make sure you are comfortable with drawing those...

You will need to communicate with me and, if you want, give me feedback on how I have the story so far. If you have any ideas as we progress, you also can tell me them.

You will need to show me a good bit of progress by the end of every week. It will show me if you are serious about this or not. If you have a baby, please tell me because I can sympathize with you...I have a 9 month old that still wakes during the night so it is tiring taking care of him still.

I need:
-Artist (Will need to see some of your artworks and you might be asked to draw the main character of the story if I give you the description to see if I like your drawing or not)
-Composer
-Coder (Person that will be using Ren'py or Novelty or whichever you prefer)
-Uploader (Person that will be uploading it to the internet)...this position might not be needed...

You will need a Line account http://line.me/en/. This is for communication.
You also need an email to exchange files if needed.
Whenever you get paid, you will get paid via paypal but you don't have to tend to that unless we do a good job on the 1st visual novel.

My real name is Michelle Taulbee but you may call me:
Mire
Mirea
Xeoll (Chelle)- Vietnamese nickname
Mimi

Be prepared to tell me your real name and also nicknames. I like to personally know the people that I work with.

So how about it guys? :D Please help me create this visual novel and work together with me. I am looking forward to meeting my team. If you are interested or have any questions, please message me. If you want to try to contact me even more, please use these:
email: mirea1719@gmail.com
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mirea.taulbee
Line: Mireashta

As usual, you may also respond to this thread if you have any questions - Taleweaver

Darim
Regular
Organization: Setsuna Ken
Github: SetsunaKen

Re: Looking for Artist, Composer, Coder, and Uploader

#2 Post by Darim »

What about the complexity of the game ?
Do you only have to make choices like [answer a,b or c] through the game or will there be other features ?

I'm asking because it is important to know for a coder how much work this project will be.

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#3 Post by Katta »

To connect the cookies with the marriage curse, the witch should transform the cookies he stole into sweet girls, from which he should choose his bride - like if you love cookies so much, marry one)))
To make it even more traditional, they all should work in the witch's bakery

KuroOneHalf
Regular
Completed: Cuttlebone
Projects: Somewhere In The Shade
Deviantart: KuroOneHalf
itch: kuroonehalf

#4 Post by KuroOneHalf »

Mireashta wrote:old hag
Mireashta wrote:There will be a mature scene
Eeeek!

Jokes aside, are you handling the actual writing? If so, you will probably want to post examples of your work. Much like how you want to see what the artist can do before you bring him on board, he'll (and everyone else on the team) want to know if you can write decently enough for his standards as well. I'm not interested in joining this, but for people who are thinking about it, this is important info.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#5 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Mireashta wrote:So I have been playing a ton of visual novels and I got an itch at wanting try my hand at creating a visual novel. I want to create it with a team of people and then release it for free and then see if it will be any good. If a lot of people like it, I want to make more visual novels to see if I can start doing this as like a job. Of course the team that I work with will also be getting payments as well.
I'm not trying to discourage you, but I don't see much point in bringing up the topic of payment for this particular project since it's intended to be free. There's also no guarantee that a team working on one project will stay together for another, and I can tell you that bringing money into so uncertain an equation can go south quickly. I recommend building relationships with colleagues first---and that goes for anybody interested in applying for a position, too. Do that, and enjoy making a few free works, before you think seriously about going commercial.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Mireashta

#6 Post by Mireashta »

I put a preview of the story that I made to let you see my work so far:

http://mireashta.deviantart.com/art/Pre ... -544005363