[Kinetic Novel] Soul & Heart

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

Re: [Kinetic Novel] Soul & Heart

#46 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Nah, it's really like that. It's supposed to mean some thing like "eat now", as saying "chow" is a shortcut of saying the entire phrase "chow down". Ahehehe XD

CombatEye
Regular

#47 Post by CombatEye »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:
Nah, it's really like that. It's supposed to mean some thing like "eat now", as saying "chow" is a shortcut of saying the entire phrase "chow down". Ahehehe XD
That makes sense. A little atypical so I guess it through me off and I over thought it.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#48 Post by TsukiShima »

I finally got the chance to play this KN. I'll be honest and say at first I didn't play attention to it, so I replayed again and I feel so emotional along the way.
I must say I really like Sirius. I can feel some of her pains and I'm quite surprised that she doesn't completely give up after 2 years being arrested. I thought she was the cold type, but then she said herself before she's just a regular girl to Cetus. Instead it was Cetus the one being the military girl.

I guess I'm mostly like everyone else, I don't really understand why Calypso was suddenly nice to Sirius, (at first I thought she was Deane pretending to be someone else) but I saw you're already in a progress of the next sequel, so I'll wait for me.

The musics were great and fitting, so I really got no complains about it!

Your arts is actually good. I really don't mind the art gap, since all I wanted is to enjoy the story.

Overall, it was lovely, but since I feel there were a lot left unanswered (atleast for me) I'll be looking forward for more!

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#49 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Aaaaaaaaauuuuuuurrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh I am slow at playing these games OTL Damn you, school work D:< Getting in the way of my social life... *mumble mumble* So yes, I finished reading it and I'm surprised that a 13 year old (now 14!) wrote this. Kudos to you on completing this game :D

Story-wise, this was very deep and the message was clear. Though a few parts were hard to follow and some plot points not properly explained, it was an enjoyable read. However, like others, I thought that the ending came off as weaker than it could have been. You set yourself up for a sequel by not clarifying a few things, so I'll be eagerly awaiting Withering Blossoms.
As for the art, I liked the contrast between the
white and black with some color for the the present time, and actual full color for the flashbacks.
It really added to the general atmosphere of the society: drab, depressing, and dull. Oh look, it's 3D hurr hurr
The music you chose also was excellent, though there were a few parts where the music would awkwardly stop and switch to another mood. Still, I liked it :3

Overall, I liked this world you've created and the characters that live there. I'm sure many more people will enjoy reading this and all the other VNs you'll make in the future.
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#50 Post by 15385bic »

I finally got to finish it too XD
the music blended in really well with the rest of it and the story was pretty deep - i enjoyed reading it
oh and the coloured eyes were really pretty =D

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#51 Post by JustAnotherMe »

guess who is this?
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#52 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

*tries holding back a squeal*

Gosh, that.. that.... that's just awesome Q_Q
She looks so painter-y and sad and gloomy and awesome and *rants rants*

Thank youuuuuuu :'D

Xionix

#53 Post by Xionix »

Hi, I will like to download this but I connect via a cellphone and I can't download from mediafire and some other file sharing site. Sorry to bother but can someone upload the file to dropbox or 4shared? I will really apreciate it, thx in advance.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#54 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Here it is, I posted it up for you. :)

http://www.4shared.com/zip/QP_uHYZw/Sou ... win32.html

Also updated first page with the 4shared mirror.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#55 Post by AsHLeX »

I really liked it. Everything fit very well together - the art, the music, the theme. Heck - I even liked the way the font blended nicely with the theme (lol)
Really good KN, one that I would recommend. ^_^ I like the art style.
If there's a sequel, I would definitely play it.
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Ghost-Rain

#56 Post by Ghost-Rain »

Holy...the story and the music and even the artwork. EVerything blends together so nicely I just...this has to be the number one novel to do this to me. The emotion in the story is just...was a sequel made?

Thank you so much for making this (and for putting the music in a place that I can go and click on. I have saves for other vns just to listen to the music. Thank you~ I suppose it wouldn't be up for download?