REIDT: Hiring programmer for code refactoring help closd

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Red eyes in the darkness

REIDT: Hiring programmer for code refactoring help closd

#1 Post by Ryue »

Hi
Currently I'm in the process of putting finishing touches to the rpg part of my program and saw more and more that the usage of the program parts I designed feels unnecessarily clunky. In addition to this how the games folders and files are structured feels counter intuitive (it just grew that way from a basic easy concept).

To rectivy this I have decided that it would be good to get a different set of eyes there. Thus I'm hiring:

1.) A Programmer
2.) Someone to help with the projects structure (this could even be 1.) ).

What are the prerequisites? That you are able to think into and also do complex projects. As this is not an out of the box project but instead pretty complex I would need an experienced programmer there to help out with it.

What do I need currently?
Currently I have about 1k lines of code that describe characters and talents and the usage of it just feels clunky like hell and I'm still in the process of adding the code for doing sound effects to talents and to characters (throwing a punch, getting hit respectively). I would need help there cleaning up the thing so that it is easier to use and also is understandable to others.

The game is:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=31644
Like mentioned its about the rpg elements of the game and not the 3d engine.