Creaga - a (free) new engine

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
Soflar

Creaga - a (free) new engine

#1 Post by Soflar »

Hey guys,

I'm looking for people to help me make the most out of the new (free) visual novel engine I'm making.

https://creaga.com/.

There is definitely creative talent around here, so I could use your help to make it the best I possibly can.

Some reasons to give this engine a go:
  • no programming at all
  • It's 100% online and free; no downloads, works on all platforms
  • I'll keep adding new features for the next 1-2 years, bugs always get fixed within 0-2 days (sometimes within minutes)
  • You can upload your sounds and image. You can easily publish online and invite other people to play (no downloads or installations)
  • Fast loading times, also on mobile (for now, mostly fast in europe, we will scale up globally later)
  • Publish unfinished versions, update them as you go, existing characters get ported over automatically!
  • This is a unique opportunity to be come the pillar of this new community. There's also still a lot of room in the credits section.
Home:

Editor:

In-game preview:

Does this feel like something worth trying out? If so, see you there!

DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

Re: Creaga - a (free) new engine

#2 Post by DrSchizo »

Nice. Unfortunately, I couldn't register to try the back end.

BTW, you should hide the errors on the server, someone badly intentioned could use the informations displayed to hack your website.

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

#3 Post by firecat »

its no better than http://cloudnovel.net/

it needs something better like exporting to HTML5 or rpg elements.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

Soflar

#4 Post by Soflar »

Just a quick check-in before I go to work!

I fixed the registration problem, which was created when I recently added google/facebook login.

As for those adventure elements: they're on their way. If you give me the top feature(s) you're missing, I'll consider implementing it/them right away! PM me or reply here!
I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say "export to html5"? You mean export so you can play offline?

Thanks for the feedback so far, keep it coming! :)

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

#5 Post by firecat »

Soflar wrote:Just a quick check-in before I go to work!

I fixed the registration problem, which was created when I recently added google/facebook login.

As for those adventure elements: they're on their way. If you give me the top feature(s) you're missing, I'll consider implementing it/them right away! PM me or reply here!
I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say "export to html5"? You mean export so you can play offline?

the F.A.Q only give answers to what might happen to the game, it stays in the website, which means its just like cloudnovel that makes its vn into a website only place. if you can program a way to make the game into HTML5 format that users can upload to somewhere else like in newgrounds, kongregate, armor games, etc you have a more interesting product to offer.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

Soflar

#6 Post by Soflar »

firecat wrote:
Soflar wrote:Just a quick check-in before I go to work!

the F.A.Q only give answers to what might happen to the game, it stays in the website, which means its just like cloudnovel that makes its vn into a website only place. if you can program a way to make the game into HTML5 format that users can upload to somewhere else like in newgrounds, kongregate, armor games, etc you have a more interesting product to offer.
Hmm... Why would that be so much more interesting? Because of increased exposure? potential to make (more) money off of it? or something I'm not seeing?

Technically, this would be possible, but then I'd have to charge a fee for it, assuming I want to keep my own site alive. Do you feel like that is a feature you might be willing to pay for?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#7 Post by PyTom »

Hmm... Why would that be so much more interesting? Because of increased exposure? potential to make (more) money off of it? or something I'm not seeing?
I'd say game preservation is a really important aspect here. When your site goes offline - which happens to all websites eventually, as people lose interest and move on - all the games hosted there stop working. If you want people to use your tool to create works with cultural value, it's important that you figure out a way to preserve them in the worst case scenario.

(This is true of all hosted solutions. For example, http://vnovel.info went offline recently, and all the games hosted there - thankfully, mostly ports and demos - are gone.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom