Gallery modification assistance

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Qu-ko
Regular

Gallery modification assistance

#1 Post by Qu-ko »

Okay, yeah, I'm posting because I got halfway and then got stuck as to what to do.

I was looking at the Ren'Py reference manual and saw the entry on ui.viewport, and figured "OMG if I can integrate that into the gallery image viewer, that would be so ttly pwnsome!"

So I replaced "renpy.scene()" with "ui.viewport(xadjustment=None, yadjustment=None, set_adjustments=True, mousewheel=True, draggable=True, style='viewport')", and... after a couple clicks, I am able to scroll/drag around the image, which is awesome and exactly what I wanted to do.

However, I want to get rid of those couple clicks required before the image can be dragged around, and I also want to make it so that a final click does NOT return the image back to the gallery page, but rather a button that is at the bottom right corner. I can easily do the bottom right corner "Return" button, but what I'm stuck on is the clicking, because the new_gallery.rpy file has a bunch of more complicated code I'm not quite as familiar with.

I feel reasonably accomplished for doing this, though. Mainly because I'm not yet proficient with this coding stuff. >_>;

ANYWAY, I've attached the current new_gallery.rpy file that I have, so I don't make a gigantic post and so you know where I'm currently at.

So, ye Ren'Py gods, I humbly request assistance!!!!!!!!!1!111!!11!!!1!1!1!11
Attachments
new_gallery.rpy
(8.39 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
ヾ(゚Д゚)ノ うわあああぁぁぁぁぁぁぁ―――――――