Ability to "mass" un/comments in Scite?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

Ability to "mass" un/comments in Scite?

#1 Post by Adorya »

So I have made some test code in my rpy file that I want it disabled, is there a quick way to make my whole code under comment mode or do I need to put a # at every line?

I quickfixed my problem with a generic macro software, but it's pretty dirty (it just simulate keypress). Is there a way to do that in Scite or any other text editor?

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

Re: Ability to "mass" un/comments in Scite?

#2 Post by JQuartz »

For Scite, select the whole block of code and Ctrl + Q or select it from Edit-->Block comment or uncomment. To unblock just repeat the procedure.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by monele »

Isn't there something like selecting all the lines and pressing Ctrl+M ? That's how it works in Crimson Editor... I'm guessing it might be the same in Scite.

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Adorya »

Thank you, that's a nice tips to know, but does that mean it is possible to implement Scite so I can add customized character at the beginning of every lines in my selection? For exemple :

Code: Select all

bg lecturehall = "lecturehall.jpg"
    bg uni = "uni.jpg"
    bg meadow = "meadow.jpg"
    bg club = "club.jpg"
Select>ctrl+q>

Code: Select all

image bg lecturehall = "lecturehall.jpg"
    image bg uni = "uni.jpg"
    image bg meadow = "meadow.jpg"
    image bg club = "club.jpg"

Kikered
Regular
Completed: Quine, The Secret Ingredient
Projects: Metropolitan Blues, Mirai Imouto, Temple Glen, Fuyu no Tabi, MIA
Organization: Team BG

#5 Post by Kikered »

I don't know if there's another place to do it, but if you go into Options > Open Global Options File, you can change comment.block.renpy to something else. There's no guarantee that it will work though since I haven't tried it myself, and I'd recommend changing it back to ## as soon as you're done. :P
Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Adorya »

Yay the character substitution work for comment.block.renpy, it would be awesome if there was a safer option to implement that, but I guess this workaround will save me a lot of my time, thank you :mrgreen:

valeatory
Regular
Projects: Nightglove Institute, Monstrata Fracture
Organization: Astralore Games
Tumblr: valeatory
itch: astralore

#7 Post by valeatory »

if you want to comment large areas you can also put triple quotes (''') at the beginning and end of your block, and it will all be commented.
Nightglove Institute - Kidnapped students, forced to train to be secret agents and assassins!
Monstrata Fracture - Date cute monsters! But will you risk destabilizing the human plane of existence?

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#8 Post by JQuartz »

3lucky10 wrote:if you want to comment large areas you can also put triple quotes (''') at the beginning and end of your block, and it will all be commented.
I don't think that'll will work for Renpy.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.