Idolcraft (RPG Maker XP)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
storm-and-fire
Regular

Re: Idolcraft (RPG Maker XP)

#31 Post by storm-and-fire »

Well, I think I found something too.
There is a day when Sachie goes to one of her friends, right? Well... for me, whenever I went to that house, Sachie came out saying "Oh, you found me" or whatever. Of course, that stopped after a few days, but it was weird, especially when she was supposed to be in the dorm training.

Anyway, got C+ on my first try because I only raised 2 idols. ;) Gonna replay for sure.

flowerthief
Regular

#32 Post by flowerthief »

Ah, thanks for that. I'll take care of it next update.
Customizable datesim in beta! Need testers!
Idolcraft - RPG-style bishoujo simulation

North Hawk

#33 Post by North Hawk »

Apparently, I am determined to find everything that can go wrong in this game.

A) Very minor, very easy to get, surprised it hasn't been brought up before (especially by me). When you're teleported indoors - for example, when you recruit an idol and it takes you inside the studio - and it's raining, the rain continues inside. Small graphical annoyance, barely worth noting.

B) When idols are training, and you pass the time - ie, gazing out the window - the idol's time spent training doesn't seem to be effected. I guess that could possibly be intentional, but I can't imagine why, given that it sacrifices time you could spend doing other things.

C) The new map scrolls have a glitch all of their own. You can start moving before the map's finished scrolling, which leads to you being off-center, and unable to interact with your surroundings until you fix the screen, using the map edges to realign yourself in the center. Huge nuisance before figuring out how to fix it, minor one afterwards.

That's all for this round. I'll keep coming back every time I find something that seems off or you just tell me to stop.

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#34 Post by Counter Arts »

Looks like this game got on Manifesto Games' blog.
Fading Hearts is RELEASED
http://www.sakurariver.ca

flowerthief
Regular

#35 Post by flowerthief »

Cool! I never heard of the site before, but yep, the game's on their blog. That explains why there were so many downloads today. (although they spelled my name wrong)

North Hawk: of course I won't ever tell you to stop.
Okay, took care of A, and yeah it's surprising it was never reported before.
I can't seem to duplicate B or C. Could you give me more information about what you were doing to trigger the problem?

edit: never mind, I found C. Still can't duplicate B. After you gaze out the window all training sessions should end.

North Hawk

#36 Post by North Hawk »

Hehm... well, with B, it was always to jump to 20:00 or later, making it dark out, if that might have anything to do with it. I don't recall ever trying to do a time jump to an earlier time. But I get the glitch every time I jump, so... well, I'll look to see if there's anything else that might be having an effect, and get back to you on that.

flowerthief
Regular

#37 Post by flowerthief »

Ah, okay I see. You're right, it happens for transitions from day to night. Thanks for that. Fixed all bugs to date in v1.5

Silverbolt

#38 Post by Silverbolt »

It's good to see you're still making games. I loved The PK Girl, and when I found out you made another one, i just had to get it.

Very, very nice game. I got a C+ on my first playthrough because I was only able to find 4 idols. I'm on my second one now to get the ones I missed the first time. Tons of replayability is always a good thing. I'm a little disappointed there aren't girl-specific endings, especially when I saw hearts and love letters cropping up, but it's not a big deal at all. Keep up the good work! :D

flowerthief
Regular

#39 Post by flowerthief »

Glad to hear it :)

Silverbolt

#40 Post by Silverbolt »

2 things I forgot to ask...

1. Great CG art, did you make it? If not, where did you find it?

2. Seeing as it's an RMXP game, is it alright if I promote it on Gaming World and RMN?

flowerthief
Regular

#41 Post by flowerthief »

Face/vacation CG are by the author of this website. Backgrounds, in the few places they are used, are from here.

You bet, promote away ;)

bakaneko

#42 Post by bakaneko »

Quite an ambitious game. And I found the theme songs really catchy ^_^ (plays them for god-knows-how-many times)

Btw, I somehow found the route to that infinite money thingie. Took me awhile to figure out the password, haha~
Currently training in scriptwriting... T_T

Jinx

#43 Post by Jinx »

I love this game! I was playing it all non-stop yesterday just before work and was almost late because of it. I just have three things:

1. Where does Nanako go when she's skipping? I've looked everywhere, and she's been gone for several days now. I'd hate to fire her =/

2. How do you get into the basement?

3. I found a glitch. Tomomi was sleeping in her bed in the second dorm, and I went to the end of the bed and selected. Tomomi says something, I "move" (though I stay in the same spot), and I'm frozen there without having the ability to move and the day never ends. It gets dark, but the day never ends.

flowerthief
Regular

#44 Post by flowerthief »

Glad you guys like it. A big thanks for reporting that glitch.

Regarding Nanako,
she goes to her house when she skips. If you recruited her after her boss at the diner started sending her home another day each week, you might have received a hint where her house is--it's not far from the diner.
To get into the basement
You first need the cigarette lighter. There is something at the studio that you need to do after you have the cigarette lighter.

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#45 Post by Counter Arts »

Maybe you should start just try to sell another game for money. Just for kicks. :D
Fading Hearts is RELEASED
http://www.sakurariver.ca