RenTarot(COMPLETED!)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
RidleyWright
Regular
Projects: Blue Moon

Re: RenTarot(7 more cards to go!)

#91 Post by RidleyWright »

I'll give a try to the High Priestess card (Asilana) then. Seems to be the only one left not taken.
Last edited by RidleyWright on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#92 Post by F.I.A »

@ Ren: Added to the list.

@ mikey: Cannot thank you enough for the site.

@ denzil: Added to the list.

@ yummy: Ah, I can understand works weighing down many progresses, so don't feel bad about it. We will still accept alternative version once you are done with yours.

@ RidleyWright: Added to the list.

Thanks again for everyone's efforts on this project.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

RidleyWright
Regular

#93 Post by RidleyWright »

Ok, I finished the High Priestess card. I'm happy in how it turned out, it's one of my best works, though that's not really saying much. Asilana looks sort of younger... yeah... I couldn't help it (actually, I couldn't help myself xD).

Edit: Added another version. I'm bad at deciding this stuff.
Attachments
tarotcard copy.jpg
tarotcard-high_priestess-asilana.jpg

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#94 Post by chronoluminaire »

Very nice! :shock: I think I slightly prefer the second one, where the colours of her face and dress are less masked by the yellow from the book. But that's a really cool art!
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Ren

Fragola:Giustizia!

#95 Post by Ren »

Kikered:The layout for the Magician is quite interesting, I wonder if you made some researches for the clothes?They look quite regal!

Cloud:That's one adorable Hermit, she looks like she's peeking out of the card!

Fia:It's a pretty random comment, but since lately I'm into studying colour...it seems to me that you were the one to manage to make the more consistent colour palette to go with the card's layout, and the drawing itself is gorgeous!

RW:I also prefer the second one, the colours look more balanced this way(probably because the green of the dress ties well with the blue of the book but also with the background).Her expression is so sweet and I'm fond of the long hair!

I managed to finish mine, after remaking it once.
I initially placed that photo of the sky I made during a storm just as a place holder, but I decided to keep it as it seems to give out the right mood.

(Plus I'm a cheater like that :P )
Last edited by Ren on Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

RidleyWright
Regular

#96 Post by RidleyWright »

@chronoluminaire: Eh, thanks, I did took like three days on it. First for drawing and correcting, second for inking on Photoshop and base colors and last for shading and the lame background I did in few minutes. The book is there because in the description it says that the High Priestess card can mean spreading knowledge, and I immediately thought of a book (and I read that dark blue is also a color that symbolizes knowledge, though that seems to vary from culture to culture). I used the Eyedropper Tool to get the colors from a screen shot from your game and made them a bit livelier, since my type of art is not really realistic oriented. About the second color variation, it's actually the default colors, the other one I just used the color balance to give a more yellow/ red-ish look to try to "merge" the image better into the background.

@Ren: Thanks, yours is very awesome. The coloring and choose of colours is very professional and the hair is so wild! <3 Congrats.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#97 Post by monele »

Framboise with a sword... that's new :). I bet she MINCES them ingredients good! :3. And then uses the scales to weight what she needs for her next potion ^_^ *hugs Ren-chu*

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#98 Post by F.I.A »

First post edited with the link to mikey's site. Thanks again.

And here's the two new cards. Nice works to both the artists.
Attachments
II - The High Priestess
II - The High Priestess
XI - Justice
XI - Justice
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: RenTarot(5 more cards to go!)

#99 Post by musical74 »

There are really great everyone! :)

I NEVER pictured Framboise with a sword...never figured with her temperment that she would even know HOW to use a sword :) Maybe she has this secret tsundere streak that no one knows about? Come to think of it, she DOES do all her gathering alone.... :)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#100 Post by mikey »

OK, I updated the rentarot site, but since the CZSKBG site was lost due to an evil host who deletes accounts that don't "live", I decided to move CZSKBG to rentarot.angelfire as well.
So it has two sites now.
http://rentarot.angelfire.com

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#101 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#102 Post by monele »

musical74 wrote:I NEVER pictured Framboise with a sword...never figured with her temperment that she would even know HOW to use a sword :) Maybe she has this secret tsundere streak that no one knows about? Come to think of it, she DOES do all her gathering alone.... :)
Maybe it's a sword to uh... cut plants? :3... As for tsundere... who knows... but I'd imagine her charming all possible enemies rather than cutting them up ;) (and by charming, I mean some sort of sleep spell rather than... err... yeah ._. )

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#103 Post by chronoluminaire »

mugenjohncel wrote:Here's a remake of Devil Card...

Sad to say... under my current circumstances I now have to give up on Eileen... I'll give others a chance... she's up for grabs now... Credit goes to Jake for that circle thingy behind Lucy... (correct me if I'm wrong...)

"POOF" (Disappears)
Hee! Awesome art, but I laughed out loud when I read the "Greek" in the magical circle :D :lol:
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#104 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jake
Support Hero

#105 Post by Jake »

mugenjohncel wrote:Care to explain?...
"Even obviously fake Greek looks good on magical circles", I believe - rendered in the Symbol font for fake-Greekness.

(IIRC the inner circles have something about sandwiches, but I don't recall what and I've not got the original files to hand.)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found