how do I target API 29 with my apk? [SOLVED]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Meg'
Regular
Projects: Anges Démoniaques, Gang (Alex & Hugo), Le passé dans les veines

how do I target API 29 with my apk? [SOLVED]

#1 Post by Meg' »

Hello!

I'm trying to update one of my application on Google Play but I can't seem to be able to target API level 29. Is it related to renpy or is there something I need to update?

I tried several things like uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything, checking every updates. I can't get the sdk manager to launch via rapt (in the old rapt folder I had, the sdk manager was an app. Now it's just a prompt command. Do I need android studio?

Thanks in advance :)
Last edited by Meg' on Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remix
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game

Re: how do I target API 29 with my apk?

#2 Post by Remix »

What version of Ren'Py are you running?

General advice when something like that happens is to basically start fully fresh, download a new Ren'Py (from the website, not through the Update link in Launcher). Install that somewhere new. Download Rapt through it. Point it at your project. Try from there.
Frameworks & Scriptlets:

Meg'
Regular

#3 Post by Meg' »

I'm running 7.3.5 and I already reinstalled everything (java jdk/jre + renpy (and rapt)) :/ What do you mean by "point it at your project"? Rapt is in the renpy folder.

So that means that renpy is targeting api level 29? Or this is something that we have to manage via the sdk manager or android studio??

Meg'
Regular

#4 Post by Meg' »

Ok so I tried to update to the nightly version of ren'py and I got my answer:

we need to wait for the next update to be able to build apk that targets API level 29.