[TEMPORARILY CLOSED] Video Editor & Motion Designer for Openings and/or Trailers!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Drewisdom

[TEMPORARILY CLOSED] Video Editor & Motion Designer for Openings and/or Trailers!

#1 Post by Drewisdom »

Hello! I'm Andrew Moers, a part-time video editing freelancer. I currently specialize in making video game trailers and openings, often for visual novels. I strive to create stunning content that will help people get excited about your game!

Experience:
  • I've been video editing for around five years, with the last two being spent on commissions for openings and trailers.
  • I have previously worked on 7 paid trailers/openings, 2 fan openings, and a lyric video.
  • Between 2017-2020 I took classes at the Austin School of Film and completed their Digital Video Certificate Program focusing on live action filmmaking and production.
  • I use Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Blender for all my video work.

DEMO REEL (July 2021):

What I Can Do:
  • Keyframe Animation (Notably for Characters/Camera)
  • Puppet Animation
  • Visual Effects / Virtual Lighting
  • Game Capture
  • Simple 3D Modeling
  • 18+ Content OK

Rate Estimations:
The commission rate is highly dependent on the desired length and complexity of the video in question. I recommend reaching out to me so we can work out a rate for your particular project. As a general rule, the more motion graphics are involved, the higher the workload will be. A low-intensity video (such as a gameplay trailer with a few animated graphics and titles) could average $100-200 per minute of video, while a high-intensity video (such as a fully animated opening with lighting/effects and lots of different shots) could average $600-1000 per minute of video.

Availability / Turnaround Time:
It's worth noting that this is a part-time job for me, so I will not have absolute availability. Turnaround time will depend on the intensity of your project, but on average I should be able to complete work on a project within a month. If you have a specific deadline, please let me know beforehand.

What I Need From You:
  • If you have a very specific vision of what you want, it is preferable that you outline it for me so that I am not at a loss for what to do. In such a case I would recommend putting together a document that lists exactly what you want for each part of the video, so that I can easily reference it.
  • If you do not have a specific vision, I am open to discussing the project with you so that we can figure out how to best design the video.
  • You will need to provide me with any assets you need to be used in the video (ex: sprites / backgrounds / music / voice lines). While there are a few things I can do on my own, it will only increase the overall workload.

Contact Information:
Email: cahillvesper101@gmail.com
For long-term communication I usually prefer a messaging application such as Discord. If that doesn't work, just let me know what works best for you.
Please ask me any questions you might have - I look forward to potentially working with you!

WORK EXAMPLES:

Last edited by Drewisdom on Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Drewisdom

Re: Video Editor for Hire - Looking to Create Openings and/or Trailers!

#2 Post by Drewisdom »

9/22/20 update!
Completely revamped my post with a brand new demo reel, new video examples, and updated description/rates.
I also have a website now with more examples of my work!:
https://andrewmoers.carrd.co/#videos

Drewisdom

Re: Video Editor & Motion Designer for Openings and/or Trailers!

#3 Post by Drewisdom »

10/5/21 update!
I have re-opened commissions, as well as improved the main post with updated information and new work examples.