[Closed] Sprite Artist

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Chen Li

[Closed] Sprite Artist

#1 Post by Chen Li »

Hi there!
Opening up again after a really long time. I want to start doing sprites again after years of goofing of. Unfortunately I don't have a portfolio, since I don't have appropriate/ up to date art I can share for now. I will try to prepare some over time, but right now I'd rather like to actually work with someone to gain experience in that regard. If you got a small project and are as eager as myself to find out what I can do, hit me up. I will work for free for the time being until I got more experience for future projects. Just give me some instructions and I'll try to prepare a sample sprite for you.

Important points:
- will do character sprites for free
- busts or half-body
- single sprites or a small project
- only free projects
- no fanart
- tell me a bit about your project =)
- no voice chats (I'm not a native english speaker; talking makes me feel uncomfortable)
- Discord is an option

Thanks for reading and have a nice day. ;D
Last edited by Chen Li on Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 52 times in total.

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

Re: Novice Sprite Artist seeking project

#2 Post by firecat »

hi, NanoReno 2016 is coming up and i have a story ready for one of them. you can read the details here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 60#p403960

i need characters for the game (the ones in the links are someone's else not my), CGs is not needed. its going to be free, i'll working on the programing and writing. still trying to find someone for the music so there's still time for that.

thats everything, hope to hear back soon.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

Chen Li

#3 Post by Chen Li »

Hi, you got my interest.
I wanted to join NaNoRenO anyway, but am in need of a team. I'll make sure to check out your project. =)

floral_triceps
Projects: CankerBlossom
Organization: SummerfruitProductions
Tumblr: summerfruit-productions

#4 Post by floral_triceps »

Hi, my name is Kei, and I am working on a visual novel titled "CankerBlossom" with a few other individuals. If you are interested please pm me and I'll be happy to give you more details.

Chen Li

Re: Sprite Artist for hire~

#5 Post by Chen Li »

Opening up again!
I will add more recent examples in the next days. I only got outdated stuff that I am not proud enough of to show around, so I need to prepare newer stuff. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Chen Li

Re: Affordable Sprite Artist for hire~

#6 Post by Chen Li »

Updated prices and added some more examples. The first three images are recent, the rest is a bit older.

Chen Li

Re: [Free] Sprite Artist

#7 Post by Chen Li »

Opening up again. It's been a few years...

littlemissyotome888
Regular
Deviantart: LMO888
itch: littlemissyotome

#8 Post by littlemissyotome888 »

Do you have any example artwork to share? Or even a social media page with artwork uploaded?

Chen Li

#9 Post by Chen Li »

Hi! Thanks for the interest.
I don't do social media or promote my personal projects in general. There is not much I can share at the moment, and all is rather old.
I did the single sprite for a project of Nanoreno '16. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37828&p=409899&hil ... ea#p409600
And I did these two. Unfortunately I don't have anything up to date, yet.
ImageImage
There is more, but I can't share since I'm not in touch with the team leader and the project got cancelled.
You can at least see that I can hold a pencil, but what I'd be drawing now would look quite different. I don't want to say any better, just different.

Since I lack any current work to show, I could whip something up if you told me for what kind of project (school-/romance, mystery etc) you are looking for. I'll send it to you when it's done. It would only take a day or two.