The Steam Deck - can I force the game to use the right trackpad to act as the mouse by default?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Aureus
Veteran
Completed: The Tavern, Tales From Windy Meadow
Projects: Roadwarden
Organization: Moral Anxiety Studio
itch: moral-anxiety

The Steam Deck - can I force the game to use the right trackpad to act as the mouse by default?

#1 Post by Aureus »

Pretty much the title. The players noted that they have an issue with selecting dialogue options or buttons with the default Steam Deck controls - it works most of the time, but sometimes acts weird. What seems to fix the issue is mapping the right trackpad as a mouse in the Stem Deck settings.

Since most people rarely find solutions to issues on their own, it would be perfect if I had a chance to force the game to do this on their own. Any advice how to approach this? I don't have a Deck on my own, so I can't experiment blindly.
Tales From Windy Meadow - slice of life, pixel art Visual Novel set in a fantasy village. now available on Steam.

Aureus
Veteran

Re: The Steam Deck - can I force the game to use the right trackpad to act as the mouse by default?

#3 Post by Aureus »

Thank you. I believe the first link was already followed by the game's publisher when I found it two weeks ago. I took another look at it before I posted here and it doesn't say anything about "trackpads".

You point at the second link, but I don't know what sort of commends am I looking for. When I do things for PC, I can just play around and see what does what. With no Steam Deck at hand, I can't repeat it there.

This is why I ask for more direct help instead of "you should learn how to solve this on your own".
Tales From Windy Meadow - slice of life, pixel art Visual Novel set in a fantasy village. now available on Steam.

Aureus
Veteran

Re: The Steam Deck - can I force the game to use the right trackpad to act as the mouse by default?

#4 Post by Aureus »

Bump. : )