Kill The Night [Time Travel] [Supernatural] [Murder Mystery] - Prologue released

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
hiera
Projects: Kill The Night
itch: hiera
Discord: hier.a

Kill The Night [Time Travel] [Supernatural] [Murder Mystery] - Prologue released

#1 Post by hiera »

“One leg was longer than the other. This part of the skin doesn't match the rest of the body — there is something written.. in the intestines.”

Story

Sasaki Shin'ya runs a café with his mother in a town from the countryside called Hinoyama, where they moved after his father's death.

He is withdrawn, apart from his job, he no longer has any passion. What he seeks is an uneventful day-to-day.

Under the dark winter sky, on a day like any other — multiple people were found dead inside an initially assumed single victim, in a park he passes by everyday.

On the same day, by the twist of an inevitable fate, he meets a woman he should've never met.

That same night, he died.

Then he woke up—40 years later.
Version 1.1.1 contains
  • Prologue (Day 1 to -1)
  • 40, 000+ words, ~3 hours of reading
Screenshots

Thank you for checking the thread out, if you scrolled this far!

I'm a one-man team, I handle the story, art as well as the programming. Every other asset I use are royalty free stuff (all individually credited.)

I've been working on KTN for the past year and developed everything surrounding it in that time. It went from a test project-short story to check out what Ren'py can do and it evolved into the longest project I've ever worked on (many such cases.)

As mentioned earlier, the VN is Day-based. Prologue contains Days 1 to -1 (not including -1. at the moment I'm writing -1, I make most of my updates on twitter if you're interested in that.) and Days belong to Chapters. Haven't yet decided how many Days should belong to each Chapter but in my head, I plan on making 5 Chapters and 3 main endings based on reader choices.

That's still definitely ways away but that's kind of the rough idea.

I'll be happy to answer any questions and receive any feedback or advice!
Links

Itch - https://hiera.itch.io/kill-the-night
Twitter - https://twitter.com/_hier