Online D.A.T.E. : upcoming dating sim mmorpg

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

Online D.A.T.E. : upcoming dating sim mmorpg

#1 Post by Adorya »

Online D.A.T.E.

http://www.thisisgame.com/board/files/0 ... c2cdca.jpg

Seems to be the VN multiplayers concept we have talking some time ago is taking shape : this is supposed to be a dating mmorpg with both choices for the guy and girl dating, which is following a sort of storyline. Zepy who bring the news is sceptical about it...
Last edited by PyTom on Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed the image to a link, because it was triggering chrome's malware detector. Click at your own risk.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Online D.A.T.E. : upcoming dating sim mmorpg

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

I wasn't sure what to expect when I clicked on your link. Certainly didn't expect the page to be in Korean.

Sadly, the only Korean web-oriented games which I know are Pangya [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PangYa ] and MapleStory.

So how might this turn out? Might it become little more than some chatroom filled with immature fans? Might it resemble the now-dead Tokimeki Memorial Online? [see one relevant Megatokyo thread here: http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?s ... eki+online ] Could it become a collaborative simulation, or a story-creating device?
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Raide
Regular
Projects: Katawa Shoujo

#3 Post by Raide »

There's a Korean MMORPG named Master of Fantasy (at least, as the title adaption in my country is) where your character has a 2D anime sprite/dolls that you can dress up. Similar to Gaia Online and those dressup flash game in DeviantArt. Your character, both the full body pose anime character at status screen and chibi sprite at map screen, acts like a doll where its appearance changes according to its equipment.

I don't understand Korean, but I get the impression that such concept is also implemented in this game. Choose from various doll--gender, body shape--and style them with various clothing, hairstyle, makeup, accessories and stuffs. Implemented to Visual Novel, or even better, MMORPG as your identity... now that's awesome.

I'm curious about how they handle the narrative element though. Maybe someone can translate it at least in the outline what's this game is about? :3

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Adorya »

Well, the image I posted has Korean writing on it so...
There is not much info, but god Google is your friend as always :mrgreen:

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by N0UGHTS »

I'm guessing it's basically an ADV where you can only play/unlock everything with another player.

If I ever play this, my "Personal Picture" will feature Lee Jun Ki. :P

Also:
The "black dude" looks like he's a brotha from a 'hood in Philly! I say that is racial stereotyping! :p
Though I don't actually really mind because he looks a lot like Jose. Except without pallor, the silver hair, and the "hug-happy" (compare with "trigger-happy") attitude.
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#6 Post by yummy »

I've read a news about that sort of game and talked about it in the irc chatroom.
It's supposed to be a sort of collaborative VN, as I pictured the other day on another topic in GMC.

For example, you play as a girl and you want to date one guy. You have to make friends with the other girls objective (other guys that aren't the one you want), so you'll be able to date your guy.
This sort of game is a craze in Japan too.

If anyone knows about a version where you play the guy, I'm all ears. :)

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by N0UGHTS »

yummy wrote:If anyone knows about a version where you play the guy, I'm all ears. :)
If you can play as a girl and date a girl, I'm all ears! :twisted:

And right now is about the time a fujoshi says "vice versa"... :lol:
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Loveli
Regular

#8 Post by Loveli »

N0UGHTS wrote:
yummy wrote:If anyone knows about a version where you play the guy, I'm all ears. :)
If you can play as a girl and date a girl, I'm all ears! :twisted:

And right now is about the time a fujoshi says "vice versa"... :lol:
If you can play as a guy and date another guy... THEN I am all ears! ;)

Sorry but at that last line... I just could not control myself even tough this is fairly old, I was just checking the forum and I guess I checked too much xD
Just a tip, ALWAYS read the traceback when an error occurs... Even if you say you don't really understand it, it may give you a hint as to what is wrong whit your script :) trust me... I have "Been There, Done That!" :D

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by OtomeWeekend »

This would be out in Japan probably next year x)

But it's an 18+ game. I saw a trailer in 4gamer.net(a japanese online gaming site) which has a CG with the the girl and the guy doing "it".
I was quite excited about it too... until i saw "that". I don't know why I'm very fine with boyxboy doing it but never with girlxboy doing it. :'D

Here is the site in Japanese. To people who can read japanese, there are a few details about it:
http://www.4gamer.net/games/046/G004620/20081009053/
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.