Mystica.Blade

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
RandomChan

Mystica.Blade

#1 Post by RandomChan »

Hello there, people. I'm here to tell you a little about my current visual novel in progress. My project is titled Mystica.Blade and it's a Fantasy/Adventure/Action game. I'll be more than welcome to know if you happen to be a fan of any of those three genres. In case you're wondering, the main character is a girl! :)

Story
Though she is still young, Janalea successfully leads a fantasy land called Rhenvast with her mother, the queen, her two loyal generals Alvor and Yamira, and her follower Raison at her side. She is very interested in looking for other worlds like her own but doubts there ever is. One day, she invites her dear friends, two regular commoners named Elrita and Vivian, and two of the last surviving eleven human-dragons Shairu and Gin for her birthday celebration. Janalea sneaks out of the castle to rest in her secret forest glade that night. There, she finds a strange object that strangely looks like the handle of a sword and the portal it activates but decides to go through the portal another day. This might've been the best choice she has ever made, as she tragically finds out on her birthday. Janalea witnesses her mother get killed by her own two generals and they pin the horrible crime on her, causing her to lose her role as princess. Now considered a criminal by everyone, including her own follower and friends, Janalea runs away and finally goes through the portal, bringing only that sword-like object with her. The world she discovers on the other side is our world. While Janalea is in hiding, she begins to think of how she'll be able to prove she's innocent to her people. The only choice she has is to kill her generals, the ones who betrayed her, and decides to do so. First Janalea must let her friends find out on their own that she wasn't the one that killed her mother and a way to reunite with her. Only then she'll team up with them to get her revenge.

...Eh, the story came out more badly than I expected. But I can't think up of anything better so I'm still going to roll with it. XD

Characters
There's six main characters; the princess, her follower and her four friends. The villains are Janalea's generals, of course. Btw, in case you're wondering if the character Vivian is a girl...
Vivian is a boy, and a trap.
*gets shot*

Gameplay
This is going to be kind of a movie-style game, split into about four parts in-game. I'll make two endings for it, both Good endings (the first is happy while the second is sad). Most of the game is kinetic, but not all of it is. During each fight (there's plenty!), the player can choose at several menus of how they want the fight to go and end up as they like, which means the fights are brief branches but they recombine. That's my lame imitation of a battle system. :lol: Another thing that I'm thinking of adding is that the player can choose which of Janalea's friends to find first in any order... once I'm not so lazy. XD

I've started writing the script recently, and I'm up to 1350 words as of now. I'll be the one that will do the character art. Since I'm thinking that I won't be able to finish this game all on my own, I might post a recruitment thread for a couple of background artists, some voice actors, etc. If enough people is interested, I'll post a demo. The demo will be one of my "branching battles", and will feature Raison fighting against Alvor in some random city. There'll be plenty of fighting action. :wink:

...And that is all. :D

Ramidel
Regular

Re: Mystica.Blade

#2 Post by Ramidel »

Hm. Kinetic with battle sequences, huh? Sounds like a JRPG. ^_^

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#3 Post by papillon »

Would definitely like to see, although I'll warn you that as soon as you post a demo various RPGfans may begin nitpicking your systems ! :)

Ramidel
Regular

#4 Post by Ramidel »

::looks innocent:: ^_^

Fang-tan
Regular

#5 Post by Fang-tan »

I'll be so down if we get a psedo-yuri end with the trap.
That is my weakness.

:P
"I've heard that villains who go soft and then crazy are pretty popular these days, right?
Even sooo, I've studied a lot of manga, anime and galge that have been popular, you seeee?" - Beatrice, Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Loli Salad~ Music, Doujin, Touhou, Umineko and Anime
(previously I was Hashihime~)

RandomChan

#6 Post by RandomChan »

I have... good news and bad news. Let me start with the bad, but I'm not quite sure how to put it. Here goes nothing:

...I'm not going to continue making Mystica.Blade.

Here's why: I've gotten a new computer hard drive a few weeks ago and the old one has all of my old files on it including my Ren'Py files, thus I wasn't able to continue working on the game for some time. I have yet to persuade my dad to transfer said files onto this new hard drive. My other reason is that I've gotten bad writers' block and it literally made me lose interest. Like, poof. I'm sorry that this sounds really pathetic but it's true... :(

Now here's the good news:
Though I'm not going to make Mystica.Blade a visual novel, I'm going to make it into a webcomic. I thought it'd be better that way, plus, I have other webcomics to work on and I have more spare time than computer time, so there's a chance I'll finish. Heh heh. XD;;

Another thing is, this means I won't stop making visual novels. I plan on making several short ones for each of my said webcomics (about six) and I'm currently working on one atm. And... I have plans for another. Not a short one, but a full-length one. Here's a spoiler for you all:
Does anyone like the idea of a yangire girl being the heroine/protagonist of a dark Fantasy/Horror?
*is shot*

With this aside, bye bye! XD I'll eventually post another thread for the short vn and maybe even the long one too.

P.S: If anyone is interested about my webcomics, just drop by here and here.