Hetero or homo?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.

Hetero or Homo?

Hetero love
55%
Homo love
45%

Total votes: 199

Kuzlalala
Regular
Projects: New Dynamic English: The Tour

Re: Hetero or homo?

#76 Post by Kuzlalala »

I don't like homo. It just shivers me out.

Ramidel
Regular

#77 Post by Ramidel »

The exclusivity of the poll's options worries me. Some of us -are- bi and like anything that moves, you know.

I'm not, though. :) I must admit to fondness for BxG and GxG over BxB, on account of being a very normal straight male.

crimsonbutterfly
Projects: Romantic Tactical Action: A Metal Gear Solid Visual Novel

#78 Post by crimsonbutterfly »

I like all forms of love U_U But most of the stuff I write and plan for my VNs are gonna be b/b since I loves me some man on man action ha ha. I'm a girl, yes but it's all a matter of how the couple is presented to me to be honest! I don't like everything you put in front of me even if it is gay just like I don't like everything that's straight that you put in front of me.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#79 Post by lepapillonrouge »

The third page just blew my mind apart XD 'sides, wouldn't one of those chromosome combinations result in Turner's Syndrome?

Ever since I started reading fanfiction, I've avoided the shonen-ai/yaoi section. By the way, I was about 11 around that time. xD; And now I'm 17. I still do...
I also avoid the shoujo-ai/yuri, which I have less of a tolerance of. I...can't stand anything with too much of one gender, most of the time. I like it better when there's a balance between boys and girls, presence wise. (Like Clannad. There are only a few guys, but one of them is the main character, so we see him a lot, and there are a lot of girls.) But, being a woman, I suppose I can make exceptions sometimes for anime with a lot of guys. But it has to have some comedy. Katekyo Hitman Reborn! is something that I've been wanting to watch. XD;

The sole exception to this, I suppose, is Touhou Project, but then again, I'm truly in that fandom for the music, and the rather amusing memes. I don't think Macs can play Touhou Project anyway...

So in short, I'd only play/watch anything for hetero pairings.
deviantART
---------------------

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#80 Post by MaiMai »

I don't think I mind shounen ai that much... I mostly avoid yaoi. It's just not within my tastes. XD Yuri sort of puts me off especially with series like Kannazuki no Miko and Strawberry Panic because it seems the girl love is extremely contrived. (I like Venus Versus Virus, but there's basically no yuri in that series :B) But meh. I guess I just prefer hetero. (same gender crack pairings are fine for the lulz though!)
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Horatio

#81 Post by Horatio »

Ramidel wrote:The exclusivity of the poll's options worries me. Some of us -are- bi and like anything that moves, you know.
...like Horatio Caine from Miami

But I think generally BL is done in a way that's kind of slanted towards a female audience who want to see really effeminate guys; and seeing anorexic dudes all over each other kinda squicks me. I don't like GL that is obviously intended for a male audience, either. Since I'm all over the board all I worry is about the quality of the fiction. If a B/B or G/G relationship is portrayed in a realistic way, then great. If it's written by someone with minimal understanding of how the gender in question operates in real life, ehh...

B/G (and G/B I guess? I don't see the reasoning behind the distinction) follows the same rules. If it's badly conveyed I just don't think it's worth sitting through.

V2Blast
Regular

#82 Post by V2Blast »

Horatio wrote:But I think generally BL is done in a way that's kind of slanted towards a female audience who want to see really effeminate guys; and seeing anorexic dudes all over each other kinda squicks me. I don't like GL that is obviously intended for a male audience, either. Since I'm all over the board all I worry is about the quality of the fiction. If a B/B or G/G relationship is portrayed in a realistic way, then great. If it's written by someone with minimal understanding of how the gender in question operates in real life, ehh...

B/G (and G/B I guess? I don't see the reasoning behind the distinction) follows the same rules. If it's badly conveyed I just don't think it's worth sitting through.
This.
Pie is delicious.

Ramidel
Regular

#83 Post by Ramidel »

Yeah. Save me from slashrape fics, particularly the ones where the sex reads more like a Home Depot catalog than Hustler.

(And save me from the het-hating fandoms, too. Light and Takada make an awesome couple, whatever certain Death Note fangirls say!)

On the other hand, there's the Haruka and Michiru relationship, which is probably the best-written couple in all of Sailor Moon and most of anime, while anime!Mamoru...please, just shoot him.

guillx

#84 Post by guillx »

I'm a guy
yuri is nice, yaoi sucks :)
Gen'sou Shrine artist and story co-creator

blankd
Veteran
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Heavenseed (current), I'm Not a Monster! (working on it slowly...)
Organization: Team Lazilisk
Tumblr: blankd
itch: blankd

#85 Post by blankd »

Reality -> Support both.

Fiction -> Support whatever happens to be well-written/quirky/innovative.

Well that was easy.

modesty
Regular
Completed: Line of Heroes
Projects: Captive Finwife, Trouble Brewing, Human Experiments

#86 Post by modesty »

Gonna have to say most yaoi/yuri I've stumbled across tends to be very, very VERY poorly written outside the professional field. And like someone above mentioned, most g/g and b/b relationships in writing feels forced. They clearly don't understand how human relationships work. XD

vaiol123

#87 Post by vaiol123 »

Yuri isnt that bad....

j/k, j/k...

AlecDaniels

#88 Post by AlecDaniels »

I picked homo mainly cause I'm gay... but I've grown to dislike BL/Yaoi mainly cause of the Twinks and Femme-guys... I'm a bara man myself.

Though really if the story's good enough I can play any pairing. Just not stuff with heavy BDSM leanings, or rape... I can't stand rape. I know to many people who actually have been, and it was NOT fun for them.

Oh and shota/loli disturbs me too.

On a side note, that talk about futanari vs RL Intersexed was really interesting. I might have saw the same documentary as that person who mentioned it.
~Chaos, Panic, Disorder... My work is done here~

~Julia~
Regular

#89 Post by ~Julia~ »

I did not pick anything on the poll as I wanted to read and reply first, here are my thoughts on the matter:

I love and perfer shoujo-ai and yuri simply because I find the female bond more pure and innocent (since most relationships places both partners in middle/high school roles) and well they just look so damn cute! Most shounen-ai and yaoi ususally pairs two bishounen characters so they're so effiminate and pretty that they mgith aswell be girls, thus I don't understand the premis for yaoi -_-

For those of you who say this kinds of relationships are forced, I'm sorry a good ammount of storys I witness they love (either hetero or homo) seems kinda forced, it's really hard to have that "natural" relationship shown without going out of your way to show that "see they are in love!" and this can often conflict with the writer's goal for the story overall.

Well my project has strong shoujo-ai themes to it (seeing how most of the cast is female) but it's not really a romance, however I hope I do a good job of converying the relationships and making them seem more real then fabricated.
[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

IcyBlue487

#90 Post by IcyBlue487 »

I choose Homo but I like BL and GL and in some cases some straight stuff. Since straight stuff is often the norm, I feel that the couple has to be unique in some way in order to keep me reading. If the couple has some guy main character having to protect some weak girl then I loose interest. If the guy or girl BOTH seem interesting then I'll be happy to read more about them.

I have read some BL stuff where I did not like the story because there was no romance involved. The same could be said for GL stuff too. If there is no type of relationship defined before all the touchy feel scenes then I just start feeling like I'm loosing brain cells. If there are some romantic build up before the touchy feel scenes then I'll feel good about turning into a giggling school girl as I read on. I guess I'm just the romantic type.

A good story is also a must too. I tend to focus on story in a lot of my writing before the romance. I've written on the internet a lot and I have had non BL/GL fans read my stuff and like it. I wonder how things will be with my visual novels.