A Day in the Chan (WIP)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

Re: A Day in the Chan (WIP)

#16 Post by cloudyssky »

curry nochi rice wrote:
cloudyssky wrote:
curry nochi rice wrote:I'm browsing 4chan right now... I'm starting to like it's anarchist atmosphere....
I can tell by your new avatar >.>
And yes, I got it from there... HAHAHAHA
so how this game going?
Progress is a smooth as a sailboat. Basically you'll explore 7 boards (I may add an 8th). As of now, 1 board choice is complete, and a 2nd is nearly done. I'm highly considering putting a demo game up, though for such a short game it doesn't seem logical. If I did put up a demo, you'd only explore the board choice I've finished (hence 'demo'). I'm still not sure if it's worth it putting a demo up though. You think I should?
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#17 Post by curry nochi rice »

I think, IMHO, by "words"... if it's just below 15000, then I wouldn't put a demo, but if it's a 25000 to 50000 word game, I'd put a demo... a demo is also good for critic...
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

cloudyssky
Veteran

#18 Post by cloudyssky »

curry nochi rice wrote:I think, IMHO, by "words"... if it's just below 15000, then I wouldn't put a demo, but if it's a 25000 to 50000 word game, I'd put a demo... a demo is also good for critic...
Yea I suppose you'd be right. If I did put a demo up, it'd be more for practice than anything else. But yea, putting a demo up by words does make sense, so I suppose I'll just keep working my tail off with what I got for now :]
Projects:
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#19 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

blankd
Veteran
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Heavenseed (current), I'm Not a Monster! (working on it slowly...)
Organization: Team Lazilisk
Tumblr: blankd
itch: blankd

#20 Post by blankd »

mugenjohncel wrote:Well... if you want to learn more about the "chans".. especially 4chan. I suggest you go to Encyclopedia Dramatica and search for "Meme"...

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Portal:Memes

Me?... It's the only (the one and only) place in the interwebs that I browse using proxies (to avoid ban or BAN-PROOF) since most Mods and Penor-Sucking Janitors there are Self Rule Imposing Nazi's and I find it amusing and fun to troll and mildly irritate with such stuck up people... though trolling the place once in a while greatly helped me manage my stress levels. Too bad I'm too famous there, my name is now on the Auto-Delete list... unless I circumnavigate their filter using some umm... strange characters... Lol... :mrgreen:

Anyway, good luck and more power with your project!...

"POOF" (Disappears)

A word of advice... don't even mention my name in /jp/ or bad things will happen... I warned you... Janitor there is still sore-butthurt from my awesomeness... Lol! :mrgreen:
Hah, I knew I saw you on there once!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#21 Post by LVUER »

I know Mugenjohncel had been in 4chan since he wrote about that several times... though I never know everyone there is chasing after Mugen's neck... or butt. I guess that's what we called "Karma"?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

blankd
Veteran

#22 Post by blankd »

LVUER wrote:I know Mugenjohncel had been in 4chan since he wrote about that several times... though I never know everyone there is chasing after Mugen's neck... or butt. I guess that's what we called "Karma"?
I didn't, there were quite aggressive to him though.

pmoys
Projects: Unnamed project - 2%

#23 Post by pmoys »

this actually makes me giggle. /x/ used to be a fun board if you liked a good scare, but someone started a meme that /x/ is where /b/ goes when /b/ gets shut down, and /b/ likes to invade it for no reason....
Please put in the relationship between /x/ and /tg/! they are so cute together.
Avid Tea Drinker and Knitter

cloudyssky
Veteran

#24 Post by cloudyssky »

pmoys wrote:this actually makes me giggle. /x/ used to be a fun board if you liked a good scare, but someone started a meme that /x/ is where /b/ goes when /b/ gets shut down, and /b/ likes to invade it for no reason....
Please put in the relationship between /x/ and /tg/! they are so cute together.
Kinda forgot about /x/. Perhaps I'll add it in as a bonus menu option or something.
Projects:

HiroC
Regular
Projects: White Lily(GXB)

#25 Post by HiroC »

just noticed this. lol.
anticipates this VN. goodluck! XD
Projects:
::Currently in Progress::
>>>White Lily GXB
Will go hiatus because of my work. TT__TT

cloudyssky
Veteran

#26 Post by cloudyssky »

Quick progress update:
I was originally going to make this a VN, but I might just make it Kinetic instead. It just seems that making this a Kinetic novel would actually make more sense than to have it a VN. Main reason for this is because I kind of think of this as like a pamphlet for 4chan, and pamphlets don't have different endings (it'd be weird if they did - I don't even wanna know how it'd be possible). Opinions, questions and comments are welcome on this idea.
I realize it seems a little confusing so basically: KN not a VN (possibly)
Projects:

cloudyssky
Veteran

#27 Post by cloudyssky »

Another progress update:
Work is smooth sailing, but a little slower than expected (school is catching up on me, and my computer is also having some problems). However I estimate to be done by the end of the month, although it shouldn't take me that long, I'm learning a lot of new programming techniques and codes, and thus am having a trial and error process as I go along.
Would anyone be interested in taking a demo of the game once I complete so that they can check everything over? In other words I need a proof reader/game tester.
Projects:

blankd
Veteran

#28 Post by blankd »

I volunteer 8D

cloudyssky
Veteran

#29 Post by cloudyssky »

blankd wrote:I volunteer 8D
Excellent. Shoot me a PM with your email and tomorrow I'll email you with what I have so far so you can check it over. Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate it.
Projects:

cloudyssky
Veteran

#30 Post by cloudyssky »

Another progress update: Kinda paused work on everything as for the moment I'm finishing up with school, and am finishing up with an extra college course. However, I'm getting there and still estimate to be done by the end of the month.
Projects: