Scary stories

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Scary stories

#1 Post by azureXtwilight »

I'm currently compiling and gathering scary stories for some projects. Do you have any stories you can share with me? :wink:

PrettySammy09
Veteran

Re: Scary stories

#2 Post by PrettySammy09 »

I've got one! This one's one of my favorites.

Roughly forty years ago, a prominent scientist was searching for a lab assistant. He hired a very capable young man who was really eager to have the new job. He and the scientist got along very well for the next few months.

One day, a package arrived on the scientist's doorstep with no return address attached. The assistant brought the package inside to show the scientist.

When the two opened the package, they were shocked and horrified to find a tiny mummified severed hand inside the box. The assistant thought this had to be some sort of sick joke, but the scientist looked positively petrified. He ordered the assistant to immediately get rid of the hand - "Throw it away!" he insisted.

The assistant did as he was told and threw the hand in the garbage. The next morning, when he arrived at the lab, he saw the scientist curled up against the door, staring shakily at the desk where the hand had somehow appeared. The assistant asked why the scientist had taken the hand out of the trash. "You idiot!" the scientist snapped. "It's following me, don't you get it?!"

The assistant was sure the scientist was imagining this. To be sure, he threw the hand away again - this time burying it deep in the dumpster outside.

The next morning, when the assistant returned to the lab, he saw the scientist up against the door once again. The hand was back on the desk, as if the assistant had never thrown it away. The assistant was seriously concerned by this point. He asked again why the scientist had gotten the hand out of the trash.

"Listen to me!" the scientist grabbed the assistant and sat him down. "Back in the early forties, I was a scientist in the Nazi party. I helped design and test gas chambers made for Jewish extermination. In the first group of prisoners we received, there was a young woman with her younger sister in line. We were separating them, one by one, into two separate lines - all those too young or two weak to work were sent immediately to the gas chambers, the others sent to the work camps. The guards tried to pull the younger sister away to be gassed, but her sister kept holding on to her hand. She wouldn't let go. So I ordered one of the guards to simply chop off the younger sister's hand... The younger sister died and the older sister was eventually gassed as well...but she never let go of that hand. And now it's found me. It's come back for me!"

The assistant was shocked by the story - he'd never knew of his employer's dark past. He got up to leave, but, feeling pity for the man, taped up the hand back in its box and shoved it behind the heavy refrigerator in the lab. The assistant quit the job and left, determined never to come back.

The next day, the assistant realized he'd left a bunch of important personal documents at the lab and went back to retrieve them. When he arrived he saw the area swarming with police officers who were taping off the area. He walked up to one and asked what was going on. "Dead man," she responded. "Someone was murdered."

"Murdered?" he asked. "The scientist? I used to work for him, I just quit yesterday."

"Oh yeah?" she asked. "You know anyone who'd want to strangle the guy to death?" She went on to explain that they'd found finger shaped bruises all over his neck - only one hand.

"He was going through a period of serious psychological trauma," the assistant explained. "It's possible in his confusion he committed suicide - strangled himself to death."

"No sir," the cop said, shaking her head, "if he'd strangled himself, his hand would've eventually loosened up and the bruises wouldn't have been that dark.

No, whoever did this must have been squeezing for hours on end."

Ooooweeeooooo...

:) Good luck finding more! I can't wait to read this thread - I love scary stories. <3

Fluffycrow
Regular
Projects: Akita Files (WIP, mystery/otome)

#3 Post by Fluffycrow »

You've probably heard it before, but "The Monkey's Paw" is a pretty famous horror story. You can probably Google it and get the whole story, so I won't bother posting it here.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#4 Post by azureXtwilight »

Okay, but I really wanna hear anything around your neighborhood or what you have experienced as well. . . XD

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#5 Post by VenusEclipse »

Around our area? There are vague but short short rumors that get passed down through each grade in my high school.

In our High School girl's washroom, there's a huge crack (not really that deep) in the wall where they say an elevator used to be. The crack looks like the opening to a door, and that useless square thing that looks like what you press to call the elevator to your floor near it as well. They say a girl died there long ago and things like that, so at night during concerts, people are afraid to use the dark washroom.

Most high schoolers get a scare where not even a group wants to use that specific area due to the "haunting" mostly at night.

I think similar ghost stories like these exist in most schools, like yours, right? XD

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#6 Post by LVUER »

My school is full of ghost (and scary story, though all of them are only rumors... probably). The reason is that because my school is so old that it's already around from the time of VOC invasion (Dutch/Netherlands). And coincidentally, my school site was a VOC camp site/prison. So lots of people died there.

My school is so scary at night that students who have to stay at school until night, never dare to enter the school complex if it's already dawn (they slept in cafeteria complex).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#7 Post by azureXtwilight »

I can say I saw one at school. I arrived first at school and tried to use the bathroom...
I saw a girl walking into one bathroom but she didn't close the door. So I come there to see inside the bathroom and ask whether the door is broken.... and there is no one there! That's the last time I go to the bathroom early in the morning.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#8 Post by LVUER »

You know, I'm really "lucky" about all these supernatural things. I men I've been several times encountering those kind of activities, but never once I was aware or there (though I'm pretty sensitive with things like that, could feel the vibe they say).

Like when my whole room-mates were terrorized by suddenly shaking windows, mysteriously opening and closing door, etc. At that time, my entire school had a trip to a quite famous haunted place (a yearly event). There 4 people in that room (meaning 3 other than me)... and I was sleeping the entire time. They tried to wake me up but don't know why, they couldn't wake me up. So the next morning, I was the only person who refreshed (being able to sleep) ^_^

Or... when my entire school watched a "barong" (yes, that's the name if I'm not forget) dance, a dance that quite famous since the dancers are supposedly summon some spirits to do the dance. At the end of that dance, there were "accident" where students saw a huge shadow that impossible to be there. All of them were screaming and crying, one of them even possessed (or at least almost, there are many "expert" people there). And me? I was fell a sleep at the middle to end of the dance... and my friend woke me up after all was finished.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#9 Post by azureXtwilight »

LVUER wrote:You know, I'm really "lucky" about all these supernatural things. I men I've been several times encountering those kind of activities, but never once I was aware or there (though I'm pretty sensitive with things like that, could feel the vibe they say).

Like when my whole room-mates were terrorized by suddenly shaking windows, mysteriously opening and closing door, etc. At that time, my entire school had a trip to a quite famous haunted place (a yearly event). There 4 people in that room (meaning 3 other than me)... and I was sleeping the entire time. They tried to wake me up but don't know why, they couldn't wake me up. So the next morning, I was the only person who refreshed (being able to sleep) ^_^

Or... when my entire school watched a "barong" (yes, that's the name if I'm not forget) dance, a dance that quite famous since the dancers are supposedly summon some spirits to do the dance. At the end of that dance, there were "accident" where students saw a huge shadow that impossible to be there. All of them were screaming and crying, one of them even possessed (or at least almost, there are many "expert" people there). And me? I was fell a sleep at the middle to end of the dance... and my friend woke me up after all was finished.
Wish I were you :mrgreen:

Here's another one, There's a painting in a classroom next to mine, and in the painting there were a girl a dog. Several times, the students said they saw the dog's eyes moving. The painting CANNOT be removed, if it is removed, the whole class will get sick or there's a big accident happening in the class. Two years ago they tried to remove it, and the whole class is absent due to sickness and accident. The painting was brought back to the class.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#10 Post by LVUER »

ok, that WAS scary.

DeviantArt Account

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#11 Post by azureXtwilight »

And it's real. I'm glad it's not MY classroom. :D

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Showsni »

Local scary urban legends? Hm, I guess my area is pretty disappointing in that regard. There are some places that were rumoured to be haunted nearby; one's a former school, the other is an old disused hospital. But I don't know of any actual stories that go with them.

Although, I did a quick google of the school and found some stories...
Yes, Matson House was also a private school for girl's called Selwyn School and It Is indeed haunted, I'm not sure how many ghost's there were ? But the ghost of the Blue Lady was said to have haunted one of the upstair's room's and Gloucester museum, used to display one of the blue lady's shoe's, which somehow mysteriously appeared from nowhere, in the room she haunt's. The shoe was very small maybe a size three or four, maybe five, not a size six women's shoe. It was decorated in lace and looked impossible for any woman to put on ? Me and a friend saw the shoe in Gloucester Museum. The Blue Lady was so named, because her ghost emanated an eerie blue glow, apparently.

Also while growing up, a friend of mine, whose mother was a cook at the school and her colleague, would be in the kitchen and sometime's in the summer, have the outside door open and as you went through the door, the kitchen was on your right and straight in front of the door was a flight of wooden stair's.

On several occasion's about three, sometime's four in the afternoon, they heard footstep's going up the stair's, at the top was a solid wooden door. They heard the sound of the door's creaking hinge's as it opened and suddenly, there was an almighty sound of the door slamming and someone hurriedly crossing the wooden floor, above the kitchen.

My friend's mum and her colleague went to the bottom of the stair's and called out, but no one answered, so they went up the stair's only to find the door was locked solidly, as It had alway's been. Never being unlocked, at least in the daytime as It wasn't being used, back then.

One day, they mentioned this to a delivery man, possibly from Painswick Bakery ? Who had been delivering there for year's and he told them about It being haunted by King Charles 1st ? Anyway, he did tell them about the ghost of the Blue Lady, but when she told us about it at the time, we were both only ten or eleven years old. Which would make it 1970 or 1971 and I've long forgotten the tale of how the Blue Lady lost her life and the reason's WHY she haunt's Matson House ?

My friend's mum and her colleague would rush to the door as soon as they heard footstep's at the bottom of the stair's, but no matter how fast they reacted, even If they looked out after the hearing fotstep's on only the third step ? The footstep's would suddenly stop dead, as soon as they rushed out of the kitchen door at the bottom of the step's, or even popped their head's round the door.

In fact Lynn, I will try and find out If the lady that was the former cook, when It was Selwyn School, is still around ? If so, then she might be able to tell you everything she know's about the haunting's ? I believe that she may still be alive, as far as I know ? But I haven't seen her for many year's. She would alway's give us both a grilled sausage or two ? When we used to call in on her in the afternoon's.

PPS: There's a legend ( Isn't there alway's ? ) about there being a secret tunnel from the church to Matson house, but as far as I'm aware, It's never been discovered ?
Maybe I'll try the hospital too...

Hm, well, I can't find any stories online for that one. It was actually a mental asylum; it only closed pretty recently, so I guess my generation would be the first to start making up stories about it.

It looks kind of creepy, though.

Fluffycrow
Regular
Projects: Akita Files (WIP, mystery/otome)

#13 Post by Fluffycrow »

Hm, local urban legends and the like?

Well, I live near-ish to a plantation that's rumored to be haunted. The "official" legend is that Chloe, who was a slave while the plantation was still running, was afraid of being sent away from the main house and being sent to work in the fields (which was much harder work). Determined to prove her worth to the family, Chloe came up with a plan: she would sneak some poison into the birthday cake she was cooking for the owner's twin girls. When the children inevitably got sick, Chloe would be there to use her knowledge of herbs to heal them. However, her plan misfired, and both girls died of poisoning. Chloe hanged herself immediately after hearing the news. Apparently the ghosts of Chloe and the twin girls still haunt the building.

The story's been around for a while, and I remember hearing it a lot when I was a kid. A bit that seemed to be tacked on recently is that the father of the twin girls died by being shot by an unknown attacker after climbing thirteen stairs, and that, as such, it's unlucky to have exactly thirteen stairs in a house. I believe he actually was shot, but I'm not particularly informed in The Myrtles history, so I'm not entirely sure.

Here's the website: http://www.myrtlesplantation.com/

Nanashiko
Regular

#14 Post by Nanashiko »

There was a Rumor of my middle school we used to talk about in my elementary school. Though the Middle School has two libraries. One the new one is the only one in use. They said that they built the new one cause some girl killed herself in the old one. She said she was always striving for perfection, then one day she got a F in one of her classes and hung herself in the library and now haunts it. I never saw this girl or this other library but it is still a good ghost story no? =P

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#15 Post by azureXtwilight »

Fluffycrow wrote:Hm, local urban legends and the like?

Well, I live near-ish to a plantation that's rumored to be haunted. The "official" legend is that Chloe, who was a slave while the plantation was still running, was afraid of being sent away from the main house and being sent to work in the fields (which was much harder work). Determined to prove her worth to the family, Chloe came up with a plan: she would sneak some poison into the birthday cake she was cooking for the owner's twin girls. When the children inevitably got sick, Chloe would be there to use her knowledge of herbs to heal them. However, her plan misfired, and both girls died of poisoning. Chloe hanged herself immediately after hearing the news. Apparently the ghosts of Chloe and the twin girls still haunt the building.

The story's been around for a while, and I remember hearing it a lot when I was a kid. A bit that seemed to be tacked on recently is that the father of the twin girls died by being shot by an unknown attacker after climbing thirteen stairs, and that, as such, it's unlucky to have exactly thirteen stairs in a house. I believe he actually was shot, but I'm not particularly informed in The Myrtles history, so I'm not entirely sure.

Here's the website: http://www.myrtlesplantation.com/
I see. Have you seen any of the ghosts? There are pictures there but nothing special. :)

By the way, Showsni and Nanashiko, your stories ARE spooky... All schools are haunted at night, huh? :o