Until We Meet Again [translation]

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Until We Meet Again [translation]

#1 Post by mikey »

You can get it at http://www.insani.org
Anyway...

I really liked this little kineno. It's somehow incredibly obvious what the point is going to be, but the game doesn't hide it at all - instead it simply carries on and you're drawn into this calming, slow and beautiful atmosphere... I was so happy to find no philosophical talks, no multilayer stories and no plot twists - even the things I usually dislike like suicide or ghosts didn't matter. It's wonderfully simple and simply wonderful ^_^. The directing is almost like an anime - I realized only later that it would have been much better to "watch" this piece rather than clicking it, because all the animeishness would be even more at the forefront. Ah, it was so cute, thanks for the translation and (if it ever reaches the people) to the LB team for a nice evening. :P :P

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#2 Post by mikey »

(hope it's not against some secret ethics to point to another forum...)
http://forums.haeleth.net/viewtopic.php ... c&start=16
Anyway... could this be called... NaNoTransMo?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#3 Post by Blue Lemma »

mikey wrote:(hope it's not against some secret ethics to point to another forum...)
Oh no, there's nothing wrong with that ^_^

*mikey = BAN*

jk :wink:

Seriously, though, I'm surprised at all the translations popping up. Especially of fan-made games. I guess the anime world is picking up steam 8)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

Yup, cute little story. Very Japanese in its use of spirits, and the train metaphor for "passage to death" is straight from Takahata Isao ("Grave of the Fireflies"). Liked it much, although it could have been longer.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by mikey »

Hmmm, I thought the train was simply an element of their contemporary cluture/life, as they seem to use trains as public transport a lot - kind of like we use buses (there are several "cult" bus lines in Bratislava, like the 39 or the 21). Plus, suicide I thought was again just a "popular" element... the country does have a problem with it. But it speaks for the story that it didn't require the player to have that GOTF knowledge (well, I was very close to watching it when they aired it once but somehow I missed it).

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

uhhh... it's a torrent file right? But... it won't work for me... It says "This is not a valid torrent file. (not a valid bencoded string)"... Can anyone help?

ChocoEd

#7 Post by ChocoEd »

ShiraiJunichi wrote:uhhh... it's a torrent file right? But... it won't work for me... It says "This is not a valid torrent file. (not a valid bencoded string)"... Can anyone help?
First thing is to try downloading the torrent file again, possibly with a different browser/client if possible in case there's some weird line-feed conversion happening during the download.

Alternately, you can grab it on IRC in #nnl on irc.zirc.org or via the mirror kindly maintained at http://www.misu-net.com.

For something this small, we probably shouldn't have even bothered with a torrent... it's just a habit at this point. Heh.

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Wow, thanks a lot! The mirror, of course, worked great!

Edit:
But uhh... I just realized... umm... which of those games are eroge, and which ones aren't? O_o;;;

ChocoEd

#9 Post by ChocoEd »

ShiraiJunichi wrote:But uhh... I just realized... umm... which of those games are eroge, and which ones aren't? O_o;;;
At least among the insani projects, most don't have any adult content. The full games often do, but generally that takes place far into the game, so none of it makes it into the introductory demo versions. The Majipuri demo has a censored ero scene (played for laughs) and Anonono has a few, though.

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

ChocoEd wrote:At least among the insani projects, most don't have any adult content. The full games often do, but generally that takes place far into the game
Well, I'm only interested in full games. I don't care much for demos... They say that most of their games are eroge, with only a few exceptions. That explicitly state that Narcissu is one of the exceptions. I was wondering if "Until we meet again" was another exception... Also, if you don't mind, I'd like to know which, if any, of the anime on the Misu-Net servers do not have adult content.

ChocoEd

#11 Post by ChocoEd »

ShiraiJunichi wrote:Well, I'm only interested in full games. I don't care much for demos... They say that most of their games are eroge, with only a few exceptions. That explicitly state that Narcissu is one of the exceptions. I was wondering if "Until we meet again" was another exception... Also, if you don't mind, I'd like to know which, if any, of the anime on the Misu-Net servers do not have adult content.
All of the full games done by insani to this point (Narcissu, Until We Meet Again, and Planetarian) are completely ero-free: the FAQ was mainly referring to the commercial games whose demos form the majority of the other projects. When Wind comes out relatively soon, there will be both a full and an edited-for-all-ages version of the translation patch available, too, and I'm pretty sure Haeleth is planning to support all the different iterations of Kanon, including the all-ages version, with the final release of his translation patch.

(By the way, note that some of the demos are longer than some of the full games... the Majipuri demo has like a 10-hour play time, heh heh.)

All of the anime listed there is safe too. Air and Wind were on broadcast television, and while there is a Mizuiro OAV that is adult, the one subbed by NNL is the other Mizuiro OAV that isn't.

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Thanks for all the info, you were a great help ^_^

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#13 Post by Watercolorheart »

This is like, the smallest virtual novel in the history of virtual novels.

The art was nice, but I was like, "Wow, it's over in 15 minutes?"

I found it a little ... lacking? I mean, if you could have to chose to stay with the ghost or your guardian spirit (and it wouldn't have been hard to make 1 branch ...) maybe it would have been deeper. Otherwise, it ends, and you're like "Wow, what was the point? He didn't get the girl(s), he didn't really get any life-changing events, he just got a little insight into that one girl that died. :|"

Narcissu was like 5x better.

Guess I got spoiled by playing stuff like Gakuen Redux and still only 5 hours into it and it's still not done ... :lol: