Fantasia Requiem of The Abyss (GXB)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Fantasia Requiem of The Abyss (GXB)

#181 Post by Cain0425 »

what do you mean?

kantocan1
Regular

#182 Post by kantocan1 »

Ahhh, right.
I love GxB/Otome games! (Same thing really).

Anyone here like Bleach?

Lyyli
Regular

#183 Post by Lyyli »

Whooo! Got all endings now except one of Raven's since I read its not possible to get :P
The completionist in me is a little sad, but the glitch will hopefully be fixed sometime?

I really liked everyone in this game, but if I have to pick someone it would be Raven... or Cain... or Nazim... hahah, no I can't pick only one xD

Is any ending in this game considered to be the True Ending?

This game sure was great! And I can't praise you enough azure! Well done!!
I'm already so excited for Momento of Grand Finale! I'm glad to see that Shea will be in it, he's so cute! ^^
Meep.

Sheru-chan
Regular

#184 Post by Sheru-chan »

w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-wait! redoing all the ending....
Damn! The one wherein i get bad/worst ending on nazim during the time wherein we face Shea in the ocean....Nazim..pfft... too dramatic..(why the hell didn't i notice it the first playtrough??) i can't stop laughing!!(its supposed to be sad cuz its bad ending! -gets bashed by someone in the shadows-
Currently working on:
Lock On! ~Sins and Atonement~ in hiatus
GXB game.
---------------------------------------
Imouto Complex is active.

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#185 Post by ludeshka »

I still haven't finished every possible ending, but I've played enough to tell you my first impression!

I think you've improved a whole lot from the first!
I hope you know I loved the original Fantasia, because it really is one of my top three favourite games from this forum. But now I've added Requiem to my list as well.
One thing with Realm of Thanos was that it was a complete Oswald show. I mean, hey, the other guys were cool, but still. Oswald RULED that game.
In this one, I think it's a lot more balanced. All the characters were interesting to me, even the ones which I thought I wouldn't like because of the stereotype they supposedly represent.

Like, I chose Cyrus last because I'm not a big fan of romancing childish little kids like him, but the story you wrote for him was fun and really cute,
and it's not like he was THAT much younger anyway
Or say, Volg, who was a lot more than he appeared to be, and he turned out to be one of my favourite characters. He had a lot of story going on!
All the guys, they pretty much are NOT just their stereotype. Calm, level-headed Nazim gets the
goofiest, most funny love confession scene
. The seemingly detached Raven has the more drastic reaction when Valen is threatened by the Barracuda
(I was very shocked when he threatens to kill himself if they hurt her. EEK!)
It's not only interesting how they relate to Valen but how they get along with each other as a team...(and somebody, somewhere, will eventually write Nazim/Klavios XD )

Even the secondary characters were interesting. (I think I'm a Shea fan. :D)

TLDR?: You write very good comedy, and very interesting character relationships.

I am really looking forward to the third installment, because you keep outdoing yourself. :)

Ruruka-chan
Regular

#186 Post by Ruruka-chan »

Ah how I get Volg best ending. I have get his good ending.

LinWest
Regular
Projects: Painted Walls, Pyrexia, & a secret

#187 Post by LinWest »

Awesome, another finished game! Found out about the wonderful news through blue-lolly btw. ^^

Time to play~
Lin West @Deviant Art

Working on:

Esphirisa
Regular

#188 Post by Esphirisa »

@ ludeshka
I think I totally second you, especially about the stereotype part. Klavios was my least favorite (mind you, least favorite, not most hated) character, probably because he's the womanizing type, but after playing through his story, my impression of him changed vastly ^_^

I've gotten all the endings except for 8 and 23, both of which I believe is Raven's -_- I couldn't get them no matter how many times I replayed! Ah, well. I liked how information about each character is revealed bit by bit, even if I'm not on that person's path, and how you involve the past, Oswald and Cheryl. I love Shea too, and I'm so happy he's turning up in Fantasia 3 :D I like that you use music to your advantage, which really helps to change the mood, and add to the suspense and all. I really like Serenade too, and how she teases *ahem*.

I look forward to your next game. Oh gosh I think I'm really late for my gathering. -_- Bye!
P.S. I LOVE CHERYL(I crying person who looked, like her, but I didn't really thought it was her) IN THE CAIN'S WEDDING CG TOO!!

Radhreni
Regular

#189 Post by Radhreni »

I...um...broke it. :oops:

Details: I'm in chapter 3-B, Nazim's route (pretty sure), and gambling. First I chose to check out the card games, then to play - and that crashed the game. The traceback file's huge - I'd C&P it into this post, but it's 20+ screens of text. Should I PM you a copy, Azure?

Also noticed something else odd, but not game-crashing - when it was time to designate shoppers and part-time workers, I chose Ciel and Klavios to shop, and then when I had to choose part-time workers Klavios still showed up as an option. I assumed that the same characters could not both work and shop. (Not only because of the in-game text, but Ciel wasn't selectable for working after assigning her to shopping.) I picked two others to do the part-time job, but I did check after saving in a new slot what would happen if I picked Klavios again, and...he can go work too. With himself, even! (An alternate universe twin just visiting? :D ) It doesn't look like it has any game-breaking impact, just strange.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#190 Post by azureXtwilight »

Esphirisa wrote:
P.S. I LOVE CHERYL(I crying person who looked, like her, but I didn't really thought it was her) IN THE CAIN'S WEDDING CG TOO!!
Oh, that is her :3
Radhreni wrote:I...um...broke it. :oops:

Details: I'm in chapter 3-B, Nazim's route (pretty sure), and gambling. First I chose to check out the card games, then to play - and that crashed the game. The traceback file's huge - I'd C&P it into this post, but it's 20+ screens of text. Should I PM you a copy, Azure?

Also noticed something else odd, but not game-crashing - when it was time to designate shoppers and part-time workers, I chose Ciel and Klavios to shop, and then when I had to choose part-time workers Klavios still showed up as an option. I assumed that the same characters could not both work and shop. (Not only because of the in-game text, but Ciel wasn't selectable for working after assigning her to shopping.) I picked two others to do the part-time job, but I did check after saving in a new slot what would happen if I picked Klavios again, and...he can go work too. With himself, even! (An alternate universe twin just visiting? :D ) It doesn't look like it has any game-breaking impact, just strange.
Noticed the crash, but can't do anything because I don't really understand how to play it (headdesk)
Oh, Klavios? Sorry then! I usually
use cain and volg to work and raven and cyrus to shop since they give me most munny :3
Ruruka-chan wrote:Ah how I get Volg best ending. I have get his good ending.
Well, basically you'll have to convince Cyrus to do that...
Don't get to the point, choose that he didn't kill me when we were in the same room, if we don't Shea will...., isn't it obvious? and you don't have to.
ludeshka wrote:I still haven't finished every possible ending, but I've played enough to tell you my first impression!

I think you've improved a whole lot from the first!
I hope you know I loved the original Fantasia, because it really is one of my top three favourite games from this forum. But now I've added Requiem to my list as well.
One thing with Realm of Thanos was that it was a complete Oswald show. I mean, hey, the other guys were cool, but still. Oswald RULED that game.
In this one, I think it's a lot more balanced. All the characters were interesting to me, even the ones which I thought I wouldn't like because of the stereotype they supposedly represent.

Like, I chose Cyrus last because I'm not a big fan of romancing childish little kids like him, but the story you wrote for him was fun and really cute,
and it's not like he was THAT much younger anyway
Or say, Volg, who was a lot more than he appeared to be, and he turned out to be one of my favourite characters. He had a lot of story going on!
All the guys, they pretty much are NOT just their stereotype. Calm, level-headed Nazim gets the
goofiest, most funny love confession scene
. The seemingly detached Raven has the more drastic reaction when Valen is threatened by the Barracuda
(I was very shocked when he threatens to kill himself if they hurt her. EEK!)
It's not only interesting how they relate to Valen but how they get along with each other as a team...(and somebody, somewhere, will eventually write Nazim/Klavios XD )

Even the secondary characters were interesting. (I think I'm a Shea fan. :D)

TLDR?: You write very good comedy, and very interesting character relationships.

I am really looking forward to the third installment, because you keep outdoing yourself. :)
If you noticed, the canon in the end are supposedly
cyrusXfaye (*shown in almost all paths), klaviosXserenade (shown in nazim's and cain's), and cainXvalen (why? because it leaves thanos "alive" in his best end and the fact that he became an immortal) plus Cain wins ALL the polls...
I enjoyed seeing Nazim passes out :twisted:

shahab96
Veteran

#191 Post by shahab96 »

why dont you send me the code for it and i'll see what i can do.
The true measure of a man is what he does with his power.

Zumi
Regular

#192 Post by Zumi »

According to this, neither versions of cardgame are compatible with the current version of Ren'Py.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#193 Post by azureXtwilight »

I see~ :|

Yunome
Regular

#194 Post by Yunome »

Um sorry to bother everyone but I just got Raven's best ending (Yay!) with out any problems. Azure did you instal the patch or am I just special? Heehee :p

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#195 Post by azureXtwilight »

Best ending is obtainable , the 2nd normal don't :3