MEMORY LOSS

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

MEMORY LOSS

#1 Post by Wright1000 »

You are a man who has lost his memory.
The police is after you.
Assassins are after you. But why?
They say you were the world's best sniper assassin. Are they speaking the truth?

Download here. http://www.filejumbo.com/Download/2F7F147417E69963

Warning: uploading.com may download unwanted files to your computer.

Download fresh version here. http://uploading.com/files/fc88e557/Mem ... win32.zip/

4 ENDINGS TO FIND.
2 BAD ENDINGS.
1 GOOD ENDING.
1 ROMANTIC ENDING.
There is no Romance in the game, but one romantic ending which is very hard to get.
Contact me at wrightrobinson1@gmail.com if you want to know something.

If you want to know more about the characters, download this-- http://www.sendspace.com/file/pzzalz
Last edited by Wright1000 on Sat May 07, 2011 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

Re: MEMORY LOSS

#2 Post by Wright1000 »

You can download Memory Loss for mac here:

http://uploading.com/files/2ba7ef72/Mem ... s-mac.zip/

By the way, what is Macintosh? How does it work?

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Alex »

Well, you can read some here and here.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

Wright1000 wrote:By the way, what is Macintosh? How does it work?
Quoth Insane Clown Posse:
F***ing Macintoshs, how do they work?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#5 Post by RemnantDream »

Insane Clown Posse :D *happydance*

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer

#6 Post by Taleweaver »

By the way, to make a sensible contribution to this thread, I liked this game a little better than "Crime Investigation", though it suffers from pretty much the same flaws: bland writing and characters that seem like cardboard cutouts. The plot seemed pretty jumpy, but the theme was somewhat intriguing, and at least I could care about the protagonist in the game. Definitely a step forward.
More about me in my blog

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Wright1000 »

Here are some questions which many players may ask.
I have the answers.

1. Mark had a chest wound. Even a medical student would not be able to heal him. Healing would require a lengthy hospital stay (maybe he was wounded in the leg and shoulder).

You are correct. I am sorry for the mistake. But Amber was not a medical student. She was an assassin. She was not speaking the truth.

2. Mark slept for five days after he was shot. He would be dead unless he drank some water sometime during those five days (maybe Amber fed him intravenously) .

Nowadays there are lots of medicines. She can feed him any one of them.

3. How did the police learn Mark was in Amber's house (perhaps they followed Amber) ?

Because Kenneth Gregory's men was searching for them for five days.

4. If the police had Amber's house surrounded, Mark could not easily get away just by running (maybe he got onto the roof and hid in a tree until after the police searched the house and then left).

They did not have her house surrounded. They were looking for her house in the area.

5. Vanessa shot three people at the police station. She should logically assume that in addition to the airport, that train stations would be under police surveillance (maybe she should have a getaway vehicle ready for them).

That was one of the worst mistakes I made.

6. At the train station Kenneth would not have shot Vanessa, he would have kept her alive for questioning (unless she pulled a gun on him, and he had to shoot her to protect himself).

But he was angry with Vanessa because she had betrayed him.

7. Vanessa killed herself when she saw that Mark was dead. Up to that point in the story there was no indication that Vanessa had any emotional attachment to Mark.

Because she did not want Mark to know that she loved him.

8. Mark drowned himself after Vanessa died in the forest. Since we know she had a gun, would he not have shot himself instead?

I know many people will be asking this question. Mark lost his memory. He does not remember how to use a gun.

9. Regarding Amber rescuing Mark from an underground prison, even armed with a machine guns, she would have a very difficult time rescuing Mark, unless the guards were bribed.

This was also a mistake. I should have shown her come with an army. A girl cannot destroy so many guards alone with a machine gun.

10. At the terrorist hide-out, Barry (an assassin) would have shot Amber and Mark, rather than try to kill them with a dagger.

But, it will be dishonorable to shoot them. So, he wanted to kill them with honor, in combat.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#8 Post by Taleweaver »

Wright1000 wrote:Here are some questions which many players may ask.
I have the answers.
Okay, here's a little tip: Never apologize for your writing. It's your story, and if you say it's possible, then it is. If you think your story gets a little far-fetched, then look what Hollywood action heroes regularly do on screen. Far-fetched? Defintely. Entertaining? Even more so.
1. Mark had a chest wound. Even a medical student would not be able to heal him. Healing would require a lengthy hospital stay (maybe he was wounded in the leg and shoulder)

You are correct. I am sorry for the mistake. But Amber was not a medical student. She was an assassin. She was not speaking the truth

Mark was one of the best assassins in the world. Who says he didn't have a special "mutant healing factor" to help him overcome injuries quickly?

2. Mark slept for five days after he was shot. He would be dead unless he drank some water sometime during those five days (maybe Amber fed him intravenously) .

Nowadays there are lots of medicines. She can feed him any one of them.

Well, intravenously, yes, if she's a medical student. If she's an assassin, she could still know how to attach an IV; that's not rocket science, and if she ever served as a mercenary, there's a good chance she could have learned it along the way.

3. How did the police learn Mark was in Amber's house (perhaps they followed Amber) ?

Because Kenneth Gregory's men was searching for them for five days.

And followed Amber.

4. If the police had Amber's house surrounded, Mark could not easily get away just by running (maybe he got onto the roof and hid in a tree until after the police searched the house and then left).

They did not have her house surrounded. They were looking for her house in the area.

Exactly.

5. Vanessa shot three people at the police station. She should logically assume that in addition to the airport, that train stations would be under police surveillance (maybe she should have a getaway vehicle ready for them).

That was one of the worst mistakes I made.

That's not a mistake. Her criminal organization made sure she had a way to escape safely. These people are professionals, after all.

6. At the train station Kenneth would not have shot Vanessa, he would have kept her alive for questioning (unless she pulled a gun on him, and he had to shoot her to protect himself).

But he was angry with Vanessa because she had betrayed him.

That's the only real mistake I could find: After shooting a non-threatening person in cold blood, Kenneth should no longer be in charge of the entire investigation and would have had this case taken away by his superiors.

7. Vanessa killed herself when she saw that Mark was dead. Up to that point in the story there was no indication that Vanessa had any emotional attachment to Mark.

Because she did not want Mark to know that she loved him.

Yeah, but you could have given some small indications to the player. Her suicide (the "romantic ending") really came as a surprise of the bad kind and lacked impact because of that. You, as the player, should at least feel some attachment to Vanessa if her death is to be memorable.
8. Mark drowned himself after Vanessa died in the forest. Since we know she had a gun, would he not have shot himself instead?

I know many people will be asking this question. Mark lost his memory. He does not remember how to use a gun.

Another thing that seemed weird to me. Every year, children below the age of six in the U.S. manage to kill or wound people with their parents' guns when they find them searching for cookies or just playing hide and seek. The terrifying thing about guns is that they are so easy to use and don't require experience to be lethal. And Mark even saw quite a few guns in action after his amnesia, so figuring out how one works should be a no-brainer. (As should Mark be, after firing said gun into his head... - ouch, bad pun.)

9. Regarding Amber rescuing Mark from an underground prison, even armed with a machine guns, she would have a very difficult time rescuing Mark, unless the guards were bribed.

This was also a mistake. I should have shown her come with an army. A girl cannot destroy so many guards alone with a machine gun.

Bah. John Rambo could have done that too. Maybe she's Rambo's daughter.

10. At the terrorist hide-out, Barry (an assassin) would have shot Amber and Mark, rather than try to kill them with a dagger.

But, it will be dishonorable to shoot them. So, he wanted to kill them with honor, in combat.

He has a very forgiving boss, right? One who allows him to do things his way. Vizzini from The Princess Bride comes to mind. "Kill him, kill him your way!" - "Oh, my way, great... What is my way?" - "Hide here with a rock in your fist. When his head appears, hit it with the rock!" - "My way isn't very sportsmanlike, is it?"
More about me in my blog

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Wright1000 »

I will release a new version of Memory Loss soon.

And, the mistakes in the old version will be corrected.

I think you want to know more about the characters, right? So, download this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pzzalz

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Wright1000 »

I have released a fresh version.
I do not think you will find any mistakes in this version.
Download it now.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#11 Post by Taleweaver »

DLed it and played it, but I don't see much difference from the previous version. I think you straightened out a few typos, but the dialogue is essentially what it was before, right?
More about me in my blog

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#12 Post by fleet »

I played both the previous and the new release. The new release clarifies some 'unexplained' plot points that Wright1000 identified in the seventh post of this topic.
Very respectfully,
fleet
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#13 Post by Taleweaver »

Okay then. Thanks for clearing that up.
More about me in my blog

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Wright1000 »

Thank you for playing the game again.
I have corrected all my mistakes.
And...
I thought of making a happy ending with Vanessa but I didn't.
I also thought of making more endings.
I thought in one ending, Adrian Amos will die. But I do not have an artist to create so many pictures which I will need to create so many endings.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#15 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Hm ? All the links is broken :(
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project: