Puella Magi Madoka Magica

For the rest of your otaku life.
Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

#1 Post by Coren »

I'm pretty sure some of you must've watched it. So what do you think of those 12 episodes, packed with concentrated emotion, twists and general all-around awesomeness?

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

#2 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

That's shaft for you. Seriously, they are the only studio I know of that can blatantly disregard common sense and get away with it.

that said. I think this one was only okay for them. certainly one of the better ones from winter season, but I've seen shaft do better. I do think the ending theme was really nice. The plot seemed lacking, but I can't quite say what was missing. You're right about the emotion though. It did a good job in that aspect.

On the subject of the ending:
It felt like they came up with a great premise, took it all the way to ep. 11, then panicked when they realized they made the conflict too hard to get out of. Seriously, they solved the problem of her destroying the world by making her destroy the universe instead, but in a good way.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#3 Post by Coren »

Though, I have high expectations for Urobochi. He did create the mindscrew that is Saya no Uta.

mu80

#4 Post by mu80 »

excellent anime :)

rincewind
Regular
Deviantart: rinceman

#5 Post by rincewind »

Great series. I was glued to the seat, like in the old good times. Has become one of my new favorites of all time.

And for the ending, besides the looooooooong wait, it was a fitting end for the series.
The Homura vs Walpurgis Night was truly epic. And the outcome was heartbreaking. Then, the next episode was a whole and gigantic crowning moment of awesome for Madoka.
And not less important, Mami eated cake with Madoka finally!! (And survived!!!With friends!! Yeaaaaaay!! Gambatte Mami-shaaan!!)