NTT Solmare, creator of iPod game Heian Love, plans on...

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Eulu

NTT Solmare, creator of iPod game Heian Love, plans on...

#1 Post by Eulu »

.. making and releasing more english dating sims.

I sent them e-mail essentially asking if they planned on releasing more stories for Heian Love, and if not if they planned on releasing more dating sims in english. Today, I found this in my inbox:

[EDIT: Taking down the picture and putting up a link to it due to page stretch.]
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4677/n ... making.png

C:

(pssst. sorry if this doesn't go here. :O )
Last edited by Eulu on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: NTT Solmare, creator of iPod game Heian Love, plans on..

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Thank you for politely emailing the company, Eulu.

If NTT Solmare has a catalog of untranslated games, or is able to license games for digital distribution, then that's good news. I'm not sure if the company has already created other games, but their willingness to support this small fandom is encouraging.

One disadvantage of Heian Love was having to purchase additional content in order to unlock it. But compared to other translated VNs on iTunes, I was glad that the English text was relatively coherent.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Kyminara
Regular

#3 Post by Kyminara »

They just released another one today. :o
"KONKATSU" for marriage.

Hooray for more English iphone otome games.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Riviera »

Kyminara wrote:They just released another one today. :o
"KONKATSU" for marriage.

Hooray for more English iphone otome games.
Awesome...

*immediate get*

!!EDIT!!

Oh wow, this game is cute.

I wrote up a review on my LP blog, if anyone would like to see it.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Eulu

#5 Post by Eulu »

They've also released Shall we Date?: Actor to Be and My Sweet Prince this month. They really weren't kidding about trying to make more of these games, huh? That's five in just 2011 alone. I love the dedication and SWD so far has been a pretty good quality series. It's also accessible to a larger audience than just gamers since it's on the iPod, so this could be a good way to get dating sims more recognition in the west. BUT I seriously hope they aren't sacrificing quality for quantity. I haven't tried the most recent three games yet though I plan to before the year is up. I'm excited regardless, but I don't want them to become a machine.

Arcanum
Veteran

#6 Post by Arcanum »

Guh… I'd totally be buying them if I had an iPod/iPad. Don't they work on mac/can't you play them otherwise? I actually like that you pay to unlock content - usually I'm happy to pursue only one character per game, and I suppose more casual games are more interested in paying a few bucks to unlock only a character, than paying more and have everyone.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Riviera »

Eulu wrote:They've also released Shall we Date?: Actor to Be and My Sweet Prince this month. They really weren't kidding about trying to make more of these games, huh? That's five in just 2011 alone. I love the dedication and SWD so far has been a pretty good quality series. It's also accessible to a larger audience than just gamers since it's on the iPod, so this could be a good way to get dating sims more recognition in the west. BUT I seriously hope they aren't sacrificing quality for quantity. I haven't tried the most recent three games yet though I plan to before the year is up. I'm excited regardless, but I don't want them to become a machine.
Konkatsu is debateable. The characters are cute but the plot is non-existent and it's the buggiest of the series.

Sweet Prince and Actor to Be are a lot of fun to play, though. They've got fairly snappy dialogue, and some pretty funny moments in them.

I personally don't like the art in ATB as much as the rest, but that is a matter of personal preference.

I reviewed Sweet Prince pretty extensively on my blog in my signature, and covered Konkatsu as well.

Haven't gotten around to ATB yet, though.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#8 Post by kara24601 »

The only things I don't like so far about these games already ...

1. for iphones or whatever only

2. pay for content....instead of paying a one-time fee - (or better yet getting it all for free! haha) - for all content / entire game with all possible guys and such like a NORMAL game (or vn or whatever you wanna call it)