how much click your blog has per day?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
EroBotan
Veteran

how much click your blog has per day?

#1 Post by EroBotan »

mine is beetween 10-25 clicks per day .__.

... and my blog is valued at 0$ >.< (guess that's obvious XD)

oh .. and if this should be in general then please move it. I have a hard time deciding if this should be in creator or general forum ... .

nyaatrap
Crawling Chaos

Re: how much click your blog has per day?

#2 Post by nyaatrap »

It was 15~20. But one day the topic about the translation of sugar's delight has made on 2ch then it got a few thousands at once. Now it stabled at 150~200.

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

#3 Post by Michiyo6918 »

Mine is 700 ~ 1,000/day :p And it has roughly more than 300,000 views already. (It's a website i use to store my translation novel and my creativity novel)

The most traffic day would be last year, has around 7,000 views.

My blog is value at $1,566,666,666.

I'm so proud :D
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#4 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

You know, you can probably get even move views if you provide links to your blogs...

I'm also curious how often you all update your respective blogs. I've been recommended to keep one, but updating it seems time consuming considering the mind-boggling workload I already have.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#5 Post by PyTom »

Not blogs, so not directly comparable, but yesterday:

* LSF had 3500 visits.
* renpy.org had 1200 visits.
* renai.us had 720 visits.
* games.renpy.org had 720 visits.
* Planet EVN had 150 visits. (This doesn't count the RSS feed.)
* Wiki.renai.us had 64 visits.
* Moonlight Walks had 30 visits.

I'd question any methodology that ranks a site that isn't a household name at over $1B.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#6 Post by papillon »

my games blog? 50-100 visitors a day in recent times, I think. I haven't really been posting much this year, been too busy.

Yakkety
Regular
Projects: Undead Chronicles

#7 Post by Yakkety »

Errr, I haven't checked nor updated my blog in a long time, but last time I checked it, it had like 6 clicks on a day...

Yeah, not so popular...

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#8 Post by FatUnicornGames »

My blog is down right now (it got too popular! So we had to switch hosting and that takes time), but I run The Uniblog, and we got anywhere between 12k to at most 250k in a day. Hopefully it will be back up soon, but having a friend help me for free means I can't be in a hurry.
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#9 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

The most important part of getting and building consistent blog traffic is to always post on a schedule and KEEP that schedule. If you post everyday, or always on Mondays and Fridays, or whatever it is, you can become part of people's daily habit - they'll make checking your blog part of their routine. I know there are blogs I check out everyday, because they POST everyday. I may not read the blog post if it doesn't interest me, but I'll check back everyday in case a post DOES interest me, because obviously I'm following their blog for a reason.

Nothing is worse to me than a blog with inconsistent posting. I start losing interest or, most of the time, just forget about the blog. If I check back everyday for a few weeks and nothing new gets posted, I eventually stop checking. Maybe I'll look again in a few months when I remember it exists. Good practice if you need to stop posting for a while - a vacation, a busy period in your life, etc. - is just to make a post stating when you will start posting again - and KEEP it. Something to the effect of - "I'm going on vacation/swamped at work/etc. and so won't be posting on the blog for the next couple of weeks. Posts will resume on "this date". See you then!"

Believe it or not, even posts that say nothing except how you're too busy to think up good posts will keep me coming back provided that isn't all you're posting. People will get more involved and leave more comments and feedback if they feel you are working on the blog everyday and are likely to see them. Responding in the comments section of your posts once or twice will drive more participation as well. There is a science to getting those clicks!

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#10 Post by Blane Doyle »

I don't even have one yet... Not one of THIS sort of stuff anyway.

I wonder, though, if different blog hosts and the different formats could figure into hits. I always follow blogs through Google Reader, since it is very simple and I get updated automatically with RSS. A blog or site that updates but does NOT have RSS... makes me think twice about returning to them since I don't enjoy the idea of going to a site every day just to see if they have updated, especially if they do not have an actual schedule.

However, I don't know if Google Reader may "steal" hits. I very rarely open very short updates in a page of their own, as I can read them as they are. Some blogs I follow have a "read more" feature that MAKES me want to open it up, though, since I want to see what is under that cut.

EroBotan
Veteran

#11 Post by EroBotan »

you guys are really famous ^^ ... . everyday I'm still struggling to get past 30 views T__T

my signature is clickable, but I guess I need to make it more obvious ^^;

I have done the other suggestion, I have twitter, email subscribsion, RSS feed, I post a new stuff beetween 1-7 days, read more feature .. guess I just have to keep working on my blog ^^;

Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran
Projects: Rzeczpospolita Polska 1647

#12 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

Hey, you're still better off than me. :wink:

*Doesn't have a blog*
One Province Minor - 120 class variables and still counting!

Because there is no such thing as too many variables.

EroBotan
Veteran

#13 Post by EroBotan »

mugenjohncel wrote:Mine hovers around 400 to 600. Nearly a quarter of traffic comes from referrals from Google 3D warehouse with a nasty 50% chunk of that quarter is direct referral from here...
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... 56e69e77b3

Most of the traffic comes from Japan... made possible by adding the actual Japanese text of Ika Musume...
that's a nice house ^^

I actually want to do some stuff like this too. I want to make a "Strike Witches" shoot 'em up game but I'm pretty busy right now with 2 projects T__T. The 2nd project is very small though ... so maybe I can do it 2 months from now
mugenjohncel wrote:You need to exchange links a bit more with a broader spectrum of OELVN creators. Right now your scope is kinda limited to a very narrow niche which artificially limits your reach... also, insert really general terms in your tags once in a while like "anime", "ron paul", trolling, "visual novel", "video game" or "japan" or any broad terms that still somewhat relevant to your post... there was a time I inserted "marijuana" and my clicks spiked really hard... :mrgreen:

Though I really don't agree that my site is worth $3,925.91... it should be double or triple that figure... I mean... you got a really handsome Uncle Mugen smiling at the banner... that alone is priceless... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)
yeah, I guess I have to listen what uncle says, yuri is too niche ^^;. I already have visual novel as tag, so I'll add 'anime' in my list of tags.
Argeus_the_Paladin wrote:Hey, you're still better off than me. :wink:

*Doesn't have a blog*
at least you have one less thing to worry about XD

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#14 Post by Cidz »

LateWhiteRabbit wrote:Believe it or not, even posts that say nothing except how you're too busy to think up good posts will keep me coming back provided that isn't all you're posting. People will get more involved and leave more comments and feedback if they feel you are working on the blog everyday and are likely to see them. Responding in the comments section of your posts once or twice will drive more participation as well. There is a science to getting those clicks!
Really? I always thought people wouldn't be intersted in things like that. I have a blog for WWOH i made pretty much the day we decided to make this game. However over time I've really slacked off with updating it. now MAYBE once a month i throw in an update post. It's just that sometimes we don't have much to really say. We're always working on this game. However there isn't much to show for it. So i kind of just stopped updating unless we have something significant to say like "Finished Jeremy's route!" or "Hey look check out these sketches!" stuff like that. but if people are even ok with an occassional "Still working on Mason's route, 50 pages in!" type of posts then i can do those. Or maybe is it ok if i use that blog to talk about my experience making this game? I mean i know its a development blog, but i was looking at like katawa shoujo's blog. sometimes they would have things that talked about thier experience, which i found intersting.

but you have a point at keeping on a regular schedule. i really should get to doing it. even if it is back to my once a month schedule its something at least.

oh and to answer OPs question usually under 10 views. sometimes around 11 or 12.

Yakkety
Regular
Projects: Undead Chronicles

#15 Post by Yakkety »

Ye know, this thread made me realize that my Blog really was dead, but now I'm picking it up again, anyone got suggestions (other than the one's that are already posted) to become somewhat famous...?