-insert Reccasoft's next project here- development thread

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.

WHAT TO DO???

HONEYCOMB
No votes
Christy Hart
No votes
Drawn to You sequel
No votes
Severed Garden
75%
something else!
25%

Total votes: 4

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

-insert Reccasoft's next project here- development thread

#1 Post by Recca Phoenix »

x
Last edited by Recca Phoenix on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#2 Post by DaFool »

They're good ideas.

I don't know what to say since the thinking process are different for various creators, but perhaps you can start consolidating ideas, then start cementing some specs (not with superglue though :wink: ), start working on it and let new ideas in.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#3 Post by mikey »

Hmmm, if there isn't one particular that you really would love to do, then choose the next project based on the technological requirements - read: which one is the easiest to make for you.

absinthe
Regular

#4 Post by absinthe »

mikey wrote:Hmmm, if there isn't one particular that you really would love to do, then choose the next project based on the technological requirements - read: which one is the easiest to make for you.
This is sort of how I pick what to do next, except I usually go for 'what looks like an interesting challenge' instead of easiest.

Whenever an interesting idea occurs to me -- say, keyword-based menus or string of pearls structure or whatever -- I make a note, and then when I'm bored with what I'm working on (I'm horribly fickle) I pick whatever looks most challenging to play around with.

I think it's ultimately up to the developer though; nobody can tell you what project will spark your passion to write/code/draw to the finish. :)
My 2007 NaNo entry: Eidolon

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#5 Post by mikey »

absinthe wrote:
mikey wrote:Hmmm, if there isn't one particular that you really would love to do, then choose the next project based on the technological requirements - read: which one is the easiest to make for you.
This is sort of how I pick what to do next, except I usually go for 'what looks like an interesting challenge' instead of easiest.
Well, I meant it in the way that one should pick the project that's easiest to make so that you can work on it more relaxed - sometimes something is exciting and challenging, but often it has a tendency to turn to frustration - so in essence I wanted to say pick the project you can see yourself finishing.

There's nothing wrong with taking a challenge to see if you can do it, of course.