Project VGM - "A'deo Chronicle"

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
ZackParrish
Regular

Project VGM - "A'deo Chronicle"

#1 Post by ZackParrish »

Participated in a project called Project VGM, which details about it can be found in the press release below. It's a massive soundtrack consisting of 100 tracks written by numerous composers, free to download, and quite a few tracks are actually available to use non-commercially. Others I'm sure would allow it if you request first. Anyway, give it a listen if you will, lots of good tracks in there.

Tootles,
Zack

Edit - I realize that some of the code used in that press release doesn't work right, so if you want to just jump straight to the site go to http://projectvgm.net/

***Press Release***
Introducing: A'deo Chronicle Original Soundtrack (Project VGM)
Cover art designed by Kayin
[HR][/HR]In the Spring of 2011, I came up with a crazy idea. I wanted to make an RPG soundtrack--a big RPG soundtrack. Like those big three and four-disc sets we became accustomed to beginning in the mid-to-late 90s. Final Fantasy VII, Breath of Fire III, Genso Suikoden II... you get the idea.

It started with a modest thread over at rpgamer.com where I asked the community to hit me with their original RPG ideas, from characters to places to plot concepts. The collaborative brainstorming yielded a wide variety of ideas, which I then compiled, revised, synthesized, and organized into a full scenario outline for a fictional RPG.

Following the creation of a 100-track long tracklist, I went in search of composers who, like myself, loved RPG soundtracks. It didn’t take long to fill up the roster, and thirty-five composers and 100 compositions later, we're finally ready to tell the story of A'deo Chronicle.

A’deo Chronicle was conceived as a Japanese-style, traditional turn-based RPG. That said, the things you will hear on this soundtrack are highly influenced by that particular genre’s wide range of music. Our collective influence takes pages from the old-school and modern era alike and includes both Japanese and Western flavors. There’s truly something for everyone!

Please see our main website below where you will find a variety of ways to listen to the soundtrack:
http://projectvgm.net
TRACKS: This page presents all 100 tracks simultaneously and loads an embedded SoundCloud player for each. This page may load very slowly, so you may have better luck with other options if it doesn’t work.

MP3 Download: This page allows you to individually download all tracks in .mp3 (VBR) format.

MP3 Torrent: This link will download a torrent file that includes all of the mp3s from the download page as well as credit notes, scenario notes, and the cover art you see at the beginning of this thread. SIZE: 431 MB

FLAC Torrent: This link will download a torrent file that includes a lossless (.flac) version of the soundtrack. Included are credit notes, scenario notes, and the cover art you see at the beginning of this thread. SIZE: 1.92 GB

The STORY page includes all scenario details related to the soundtrack.
You can access our SoundCloud group here to listen to the soundtrack (not ordered by track number). A YouTube playlist will be coming soon.

Let this thread serve as a place to comment on our work. All of us are eager to hear your feedback. :)

Enjoy!

[HR][/HR]
A’deo Chronicle Original Soundtrack

COMPOSERS
Zack Parrish, Jared Cowing, Kim Sanderhoff-KimCheolho, Joe Schwebke, Anthony Morgan, Aivi Tran, Daryl Banner, KungFuFurby, Alex Johnson-Buck, Rob Westwood, Tamsin Boldick, Daniel Joseph, Jonah Backfish, Aasif Chaundry, Stéphanie Desbourdes (Dentelle127), Sabrielle Augustin, Thomash Lee, James-Alan Nguyen, Kristijan Faust, Guifrog, Francis Gayon, Tom Gintoki Egan, Kayin, Shannon Mason (Pongball), Curtithird, Kris Troutman, Sean Hogan (seagaia), Sebastian Mielke, Callum Kennedy (Tuberz McGee), Jack Boldick, Roi de Janeiro, Angus Sheehan, Danny Morris, Rachel Peters

PERFORMERS
Anthony Morgan, Aivi Tran, Stéphanie Desbourdes, Jonah Backfish, Callum Kennedy, Tuberz McGee, Chris | Amaterasu, Daryl Banner

STORY, CHARACTER, AND LOCATION CONCEPTS
Strawberry Eggs, TG Barighm, dollssoulkirie, StormofSwords, nim22ama, Aurian, the_third_curry, bain_nick, and Jormungand

SCENARIO & PROJECT DIRECTOR
Joe Schwebke

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Project VGM - "A'deo Chronicle"

#2 Post by CheeryMoya »

I'm so surprised no one's commented on this yet! The soundtrack is really great and it's a reminder of how powerful music can be when it comes to telling a story and setting the mood. I wish I could say more but all it'd amount to is that it's super quality stuff there >_>
It's a massive soundtrack consisting of 100 tracks written by numerous composers, free to download, and quite a few tracks are actually available to use non-commercially. Others I'm sure would allow it if you request first.
Does this project have a Creative Commons license? It'd be useful so people know what they can and can't do with it, and as for the tracks that are available for non-commercial use, can you tell us which tracks they are?

ZackParrish
Regular

#3 Post by ZackParrish »

It varies track to track, only thing I can suggest is if you are interested in using particular tracks from the set, to contact that specific composer about the track in question. If you go to the mp3 download list(whatever link that is on the site), it'll have a link on each composer's name which should ultimately give you some indication of how to contact them.

Hope that helps, even though it doesn't really directly answer any of your questions...

Thanks for listening. :)

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#4 Post by Arowana »

So epic! I love RPG soundtracks (Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross ftw!), and I'm quite impressed by the scope of this project! I haven't listened to all the tracks yet, but my favorites so far are "Obsidian Paradise," "Michael's Theme," and "Giant of Ages." While I think many of the songs can stand on their own, if you guys were to make this into an actual RPG, I would play it in a heartbeat. Just saying. :)

It's also really cool that a lot of tracks here are available for noncommercial use - it's quite the goldmine for fantasy games! I agree it would be great to have a list of the terms for each track or artist, but, eh, I'll take what I can get. Thanks a bunch for sharing!
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)