Narr8

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

Narr8

#1 Post by Obscura »

So, has anybody checked out NARR8 for iPad/Google Play? I believe it uses HTML 5 engine and it looks like it might have some incredible potential for the future of interactive comics and visual novels on the iPad/Android.

My husband flipped through a few of the titles today. Glanced at a few of them. They look pretty amazing.

http://narr8.me/index/index//popup/download

I am really interested in knowing the mechanics behind Narr8 and what sort of skills you need to develop for this engine.

A press release about their Editor tool here:

http://appscovery.com/article/narr8-ope ... ie-artists

edit: gah, my late night editing sucks
Last edited by Obscura on Mon May 13, 2013 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

Re: Narr8

#2 Post by SundownKid »

That looks interesting indeed. It seems like the editor would be GUI based and pretty easy to use, so if there is the possibility to make the same or more money on it than distributing an independent visual novel it would certainly be an good idea. It all depends on how much people are willing to pay for them.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

Re: Narr8

#3 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

Just started reading my first episode tonight. I really like this idea. I could see it being a valid platform for some people in this community. It does seem to be for kinetic novels though. I can't seen any advanced functionality.

There do seem to be menu based choices, but I'm not sure if the results Cary though further than the next chunk of dialogue.

My wife is going to try out some of the free episodes this week for English practice.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.