Sgyps' art dump/request thread.

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Sgyps

Sgyps' art dump/request thread.

#1 Post by Sgyps »

Hey there guys!

I've been trying to improve my art for a little over a month now. I feel like I didn't improve much since all I did was mindless drawings, a bunch of quick sketches which I then deleted, gaze at other people's artwork, and cry in the corner of my room. XD

I thought accepting requests will push me to practice more(hopefully everyday) and to learn more about what I can and cannot draw. I am still getting used to drawing digitally (and drawing in general) so I can't promise a fast reply. But I do promise not to skip any request.

Unfortunately, all I can show you for now is my avatar and this. :(
uno.jpg
uno.jpg (107.77 KiB) Viewed 2106 times
Any and all requests are very much appreciated aaaand critiques are more than welcome too. :D

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Sgyps' art dump/request thread.

#2 Post by Googaboga »

It's alright if you don't have a lot of examples :3. And what you can show looks nice :]. I'd love it if you drew one of the character from FI: Interview (there is a link to it in my sig). You can pick whichever character you like.

I don't really know how to give art critiques though ^^;.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#3 Post by chocojax »

'Sup!

your avatar:
It looks really interesting! You could definitely exaggerate the lighting (from the ball in his hand) more to make it more exciting. Some more variations in colors for shading would be neater too.

uno.jpg:
I can't really say much, but his arms don't look like they're exactly on his legs. Also, it looks like his face is looking downward slightly, but the face just simply looks like its smaller than normal and pushed down? I have trouble with doing downward faces, but hopefully these images help? I couldn't really find anything that was facing the same way, but!
http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/22 ... 070102.jpg
http://www.bestanimationbooks.com/wp-co ... Skull6.jpg

(If you'd like, please draw someone from The Witching Hour!)

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#4 Post by Coren »

Hi! :D Can I have Mikasa please? Thanks!

Sgyps

#5 Post by Sgyps »

Googaboga: Thanks for dropping by! I'm really interested in your game! It looks super cool too! I really wanted to know more about the characters' personalities but I'm afraid I can't play right now. :( Anyway, here is your request. I tried to copy the art and coloring style but it's terrifyingly hard OTL. I hope you like it. (Sorry if his pants looks like a floor mat/ table cloth orz)
kool dood.jpg
chocojax: Thanks for the critique and for sharing some references :). There's a character of yours that I'm interested in, so I'll be sure to draw it. Hopefully I will be able to finish and post it tomorrow. And thanks for dropping by!

Coren: Hello there. Thanks for visiting my thread. Request added to the list! :)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#6 Post by Googaboga »

Haha thank you very much <3. It's amazing X3. The little chibi reaction from Some Chick is super cute. And thank you very much for complimenting my game ^^. It actually isn't done just yet. It'll be out next month, hopefully ':].

Do you mind if I add it to the WiP Thread for the game :>?
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Sgyps

#7 Post by Sgyps »

Googaboga: No, not at all. You can ahead. :)

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#8 Post by Hazel-Bun »

These manly men- Can I request anyone from my WIP, Black Doves? They're all kind of sketchy so do forgive haha...
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Sgyps

#9 Post by Sgyps »

OMG I didn't know it was soooo long since I last updated this OTL. I recently suffered from a super duper frustration and super extreme severe procrastination syndrome and had to undergo rehabilitation through watching Sycra videos xD. I still am taking my daily dose of inspiration pills with the hopes of ever getting to the drawing frontline again. For now I have regained a little bit of powa and ready to slash some lines and kick the squares out of 'em circles. Anyway, enough of that stupid WTF bull**** story XD

Here's a request from chocojax and a... stuff.
I wanted to add some more stuff bud I so suck so can't. T.T
eh.jpg
eh.jpg (101.98 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
frontline.jpg
frontline.jpg (31.33 KiB) Viewed 1668 times

Granted

#10 Post by Granted »

Hi. Would you be interested in drawing the character in the attached photo below?

It obviously doesn't have to be in this pixel-like state, you can have him look like any other character you draw. If it helps, he is wearing a black tank top (or a black long-sleeved shirt if you prefer that), dark blue jeans, and black shoes. His hair doesn't have white stripes either, that's just an effect of the pixels. His hair and beard are totally black. It'd also be appreciated if you could have him making some sort of crazy face, nothing to over the top, but it'd be a nice touch if you want.

Any questions are welcome. :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater