3859 Good Mood Path (Otome) alpha demo available!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
FantaMinette

3859 Good Mood Path (Otome) alpha demo available!

#1 Post by FantaMinette »

hai ^-^ this is my first game. well visual novel anyway xD. soo right now its still in really early development but i entend to get a demo (the intro) out soon if all goes well. i am not really... a manga drawer if i may say so if anyone wants to help i'd be really happy. also im not a programer either... yeah im a writer at least. i've been working on this for at least 2-3 weeks now. making the character was easy but better make them ''real'', rushing it is bad, then the plan.. thinking of the story before you right it is a pain for me but i have learned that making a plan is something every good writer should do before starting this kind of project... okay i think im being a pain so here is my story.

synopsis : After she leaves her parents home to attend her new school, a girl moves into her new house to realise she'll be living with four guys. will she survive to their special temper and constant ''assault''?.

so the story is about a girl who needs to move to attend her school; The Elite School of Wisdom. she move into an old house used as dorm with 4 other people. the tenant, an old lady, rent the rooms at good price for those who need to attend school. yet, she neglected to tell her that all the other rooms are occupied by boys.
being all really different those guys still find one thing in common, their affection for the newcomer. following a great friendshit held by a fragile relationship. for the girl, saying yes to one of them would mean loosing the group. will she be selfish or will she try to maintain this fragile balance. you get to decide that.

so here... if you see any grammar mistake please tell me, i'm not bilingual, not yet. i might make a french version if all goes well i dont know since its my first project. i know it doesnt tell much right now but i cant do much about it right now. i can still present to you my characters. they dont have name yet but they are all based on cats so ill name them by their cats name for now. if you have any idea for names just tell me ill be happy to listen ^-^

- Zoro aka Potato : The eater, the shy. Hard to aproach but when he knows you he never let go.
- Pooh : The angry, the solitary. Not really nice nor soft but you learn to like his company... i guess...
- Moogli : Sociable mystery. Really straight forward but you always feel like he's hidding things... Might be in your head...
- Sif : The lolishota, he may not seem like it but he's the same age as you. He's a really simple one.
- Tiger : The popular guy. You may just see him in class but it can't stop him. He's not bad after all... Right ?
- Memi : Your new best friend. She's positive and very sociable. Fashionable. Pretty... And trustworthy.

that's about it. i have some concept drawing of em all around in my computer and my project book.
Zoro : http://fantaminette.deviantart.com/art/ ... -483319966
Pooh : http://fantaminette.deviantart.com/art/ ... -483300678
Moogli : http://fantaminette.deviantart.com/art/ ... -485363524 (updated)
Sif : http://fantaminette.deviantart.com/art/ ... -483232128

GAME'S SCREENSHOT:

sorry for that low quality... im not of a ''background'' artist so my backgrounds will suck a bit.

Download Here :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xb02uwhast93 ... n.zip?dl=0

Remember that this is an alpha release, the arts will mostly be changed, also some dialogues are still really raw and rough, or just sound kinda stupid, there's many characters states missing(smiles, angry , ect) this build is for windows only, if i get a request for another platform, i'll release it.

Work Progression :
I'll try making an aproximative of my work here.
STORY:
Intro: 4/4 done:
(good news is that the demo should be out soon enough, im happy. just need more arts.)
ART:
im one step closer now inking my characters, moogli is done soo far, we'll see about the rest tomorrow.
- Characters : 0,08% completed
- Places :5%? completed
MUSIC and SOUND:
-0% (music design will probably be done later on when my game is fully writen, minimal sound will probably be added soon enough.)

Direct Download:
Attachments
3859_GMP_DEMO_ALPHA_0.1-win.zip
(11.04 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
Last edited by FantaMinette on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:41 am, edited 23 times in total.

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

Re: Temp name; Cats Theater (Otome)

#2 Post by Katta »

Heh, I have a project with the same name))) though it's really about a theatre))

FantaMinette

Re: Temp name; 3859 Good Mood Path (Otome)

#3 Post by FantaMinette »

ohh sorry D: i didnt knew. this name is a temporary name like said in the title so if you have a better idea just go ahead :D

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#4 Post by Katta »

You couldn't know it, because I haven't posted it anywhere) I'm not that good with names myself, but you probably should provide more information about your game, the description is way too generic now. How about "All about cats"?

FantaMinette

#5 Post by FantaMinette »

mmh you are probably right, i should give more information. about that name i like it but i think this could mistake people into thinking the game is about cats..

FantaMinette

Re: 3859 Good Mood Path (Otome) alpha demo available!

#6 Post by FantaMinette »

update again