(Full) Writer & Editor: Free Projects Preferred

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
breadslam
Regular
Tumblr: breadslam

(Full) Writer & Editor: Free Projects Preferred

#1 Post by breadslam »

Update (11/6/2014):

I am currently satisfied with my workload, so inquires about large projects are no longer accepted. Smaller subjects (such as premises, drafts, or specific advice) are free game.

About Yours Truly:

I'm currently an undergraduate English Literature student, looking to write creatively for someone other than myself or my professors. My professional/academic experience includes working at my university's literary journal and writing center, along with minor forays into editing and writing for online communities. I specialize in helping out foreign language speakers (particularly those whose first language is Chinese).

Rules of Engagement:

-I greatly prefer free projects to commercial ones and unpaid work to paid. I'd like to help out those developers who are on a tight budget or with no pocket money to spend on their visual novel.

- I also prefer visual novels less attached to the traditional Japanese influences when given a choice. This doesn't mean that I won't sign onto your project if it's a dating sim set at a high school in Tokyo, just that I might want more detail on characters or themes.

-I only accept work-in-progress visual novels. To explain further, I require some evidence of planning or asset creation (such as art, music, writing, etc.) before I can offer you my services. This is merely a precaution and may be waived in some cases. If you are currently in the idea stages of developing your visual novel, you are still welcome to contact me but are not guaranteed any formal help.

-Please provide me with an outline of your game's story, including any potential specialized or explicit content. (Explicit content includes: violence, gore, sexual situations, abuse, language, etcetera. Specialized content includes: unusual settings [such as fantasy or non-Western countries], unusual characters [such as species other than human], etcetera.)

-I can only accept projects who I feel I am up to the task for. If I'm weak in areas that are important to your project or if I don't have the necessary background/experience, I will have to decline. However, this only applies to scriptwriting.

Writing Samples:

A selection of my writing samples can be seen in this Google Docs folder. Please note that they are view-only but are available for commenting. If you have any trouble viewing my samples, please contact me with your preferred file format and the document giving you trouble. Also, feel free to request additional samples in your preferred genre and I'll scrounge up any decent work that fits.

Contact Information:

Contact through Lemmasoft's private messaging system is preferred, but you are welcome to email me at slambread@gmail.com or through my tumblr (linked next to my avatar) for short messages/inquiries.

Final Notes:

If this post seemed intimidating or pretentious, I apologize. By my great-grandfather's extraneous third nipple, I meant no such thing.
Last edited by breadslam on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

breadslam
Regular

Re: Writer & Editor: Free Projects Preferred

#2 Post by breadslam »

Update:

Thanks to all of you who've sent me private messages. I'll write back to each of you as soon as my schedule allows. Inquiries or questions about my services are still accepted, if you're on the fence.

breadslam
Regular

#3 Post by breadslam »

Update 2:

Since I've gotten such a bevy of inquirers over the past week, I'm going to put them on hold for the next few days until I sort them all out. After that, I'll accept more if I'm still able to.

Anyone still preparing their messages should send me their information by 11:59 pm MST (Mountain Standard Time) if they'd like to be considered in this first batch.

Happy Halloween, all!

breadslam
Regular

#4 Post by breadslam »

Update 3:

Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to take a peek at this thread or send me a private message. I'm quite comfortable with the amount of work I've queued up, so I won't be able to work on any big projects for the time being.

However, if you need help with your premise or short draft, I doubt I'd ever turn you down. ;)

-- breadslam