Need Artists+ to help develop this VN.

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
agenttuna

Need Artists+ to help develop this VN.

#1 Post by agenttuna »

So I'm pretty new to this board and the entire website in general, but a friend recommended the community as pretty helpful. I am writing a Visual Novel named "You Reap What You Sow" mostly by myself, with passing help from a few friends when they are in the mood. I have mostly been developing this in my spare time but I have finished the stories timeline from start to finish, as well as written about 15 pages in block text. But enough about my inadequacies, more on what I need and why I'm bothering you all yes?

Well first I should give an overview of "You Reap What You Sow" so you know if it's even worth your time.

OVERVIEW
A group of would be supervillains try to reach the peak of infamy as they not only battle external threats but also personal demons. Falls under Action/Drama/Comedy with a bit of Romance sprinkled throughout.

CHARACTERS (well some anyway)

Novus Artour (Reaper): 23 years old. Reaper struggles to be more than a common street thug in a city where powers run rampant, but he has his eyes set on the city's top hero and would sacrifice anything to reach him.

Ageha de Rosales (Malice): 20 years old. Malice had a bright future ahead of her as a prodigy with full support from her family and friends. But when misfortune strikes and all her knowledge fails her, how far will she sink to solve her own problems?

Genevieve Mustela (Feedback): 21 years old. Feedback had been a rising star in the music industry, passing even her own wildest dreams. But when she realizes that all of her support follow on false promises, does her paranoia get the better of her?

Elizabeth Fraust (Fraust): The daughter of the top corporate family in the city, Fraust was promised the world. But when a family member ends up dead, all the blame shifts to her. How far will she go to clear her name and get the answers she seeks?

Ka'Reiza lu Daran Gras'Hina Ammutolos. Aka Chelan Vyrheid (Veil): Queen of a kingdom of highly skilled magical warrior commonly referred to as demons, Veil felt untouchable. But when a common possession goes awry, what fate awaits the queen?

I would add in Promethium and Nyx here , but I feel like I'm being long winded already so I'll stop there.

WHAT DO I NEED?

Basically everything. I need artists mostly due to the fact that I can't even draw an oval without stressing myself out. This involes BG artists, sprite artists, CG artists, and even artists for the u.i + logo. Writers would be nice but not necessary. I can write this alone but another writer would speed up the process as well as give good feedback on scenes and the like. People who have knowledge of Ren'Py are also welcome. I've been teaching myself how to use it, but it is honestly easy enough that I can probably handle this on my own. Music is needed, though it would probably be bests to get artists first. That said if you make music and seem interested, don't hesitate to join on.

I think that's mostly it besides this being nonprofit so my only compensation being my undying gratitude and friendship. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll answer ASAP.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Need Artists+ to help develop this VN.

#2 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Welcome to the forum!

You'll be more likely to succeed in recruiting artists, etc. if you have more than just an idea and an outline---I recommend making more progress on your script before you start on anything else.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

agenttuna

#3 Post by agenttuna »

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion.

I do have the entirety of the story planned out, including the branching paths that happen later, but I admit I should progress with the script a bit further. I also didn't want to flood my first post with every bit of information I had on this project. Still this was more of a request to develop alongside more staff members as a group rather than to bring them on for only their specific job. I'm rambling I know.

PrincessSpaz

#4 Post by PrincessSpaz »

From what you wrote so far, I really like the idea you have behind this story.
Did you have any rough ideas as to what the characters would look like? Or what background images you would need?

I'm looking for a project to help improve my art skills. If you have any rough ideas, I would be willing to sketch some concepts out for you.
My style is more anime/cartoon than realistic.

Kanii_Nanii

#5 Post by Kanii_Nanii »

Hi hi!
I'd be willing to work on the CGs for this project, if you're interested in the way they would be done; Here's the post that addresses my CG style:viewtopic.php?f=62&t=38562
From what I see, you have already a very consistent story, thus it eases speaking out details about CGs. I hope to hear from you!^^

Destriarch

#6 Post by Destriarch »

Feel free to poke me if you need programming support. I'm afraid I don't have the skills to be an artist or the time to help with writing.