Needing additional coder help with a 3d engine in renpy.

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Red eyes in the darkness

Needing additional coder help with a 3d engine in renpy.

#1 Post by Ryue »

Hi
I took some inspiration from one of the cookbook entries: Renpystein: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=15329
In order to redo my own 3d engine in a new way (as I saw with renpystein that some concept ideas I originally had work but I needed to use a few different commands for the implementation).

Now after quite a lot of tinkering I'm following a tutorial on: http://lodev.org/cgtutor/raycasting.html

I have only one problem some situations on the map don't get the desired results on screen (like it looking when I stand in front of a 2 cell wall, that it is only 1 cell abroad). I didn't see any differences there in my code to the one in the tutorial (or in renpystein where I crosschecked to make sure that I didnt overlook something due to the tutorial/programming language differences).

Thus I would need the help of someone who can do a crosscheck there for me in case I overlooked something.

The code itself is about 114 lines long so it is relatively small and shouldn't take too long to check but as I didn't see any error there I need fresh eyes to look at it.

If you are interested let me know here, or via pm or in the IRC (I'm ryue there).

Thanks

Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Red eyes in the darkness

Re: Needing additional coder help with a 3d engine in renpy.

#2 Post by Ryue »

This is not a common bump, as I redid the whole text (situation has changed since the old text). Thus looking again for a quite different work to do from before.