Iron Mahou (magical girl, fantasy)(visual novel/RPG)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
animesock52
Projects: Iron Mahou
Tumblr: animesock
Deviantart: LRTurner

Iron Mahou (magical girl, fantasy)(visual novel/RPG)

#1 Post by animesock52 »

Discontinued- no longer a visual novel.
The project is continuing on tumblr though.
Last edited by animesock52 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

Re: Iron Mahou (magical girl, fantasy)(visual novel/RPG)

#2 Post by Morhighan »

This looks really interesting and I'm looking forward to it! Keep up the great work. :D

gamerbum
Regular
Projects: Our Lovely Escape, Mizari Loves Company
Organization: Reine Works
Tumblr: reineworks

#3 Post by gamerbum »

The art looks very cute and the story seems rather charming, but your screenshot and descriptions have a lot of misspellings. If you don't already have a proofreader helping you, I'd really recommend getting one.

animesock52

#4 Post by animesock52 »

gamerbum wrote:The art looks very cute and the story seems rather charming, but your screenshot and descriptions have a lot of misspellings. If you don't already have a proofreader helping you, I'd really recommend getting one.
Thanks. I appreciate that. I'm sorry the spelling was so bad, I did rush a bit. But I still have horrible spelling despite being in college. I really should write these in word first. But that would be great. Though, the series isn't far enough just yet that I need that. I'm mostly still making the assets right now.

mysticichigo
Regular

#5 Post by mysticichigo »

I thought I had no interest in magical girls, but now I'm not sure. Your game is giving me a miniature identity crisis!

(I'm looking forward to it :lol: )

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#6 Post by papillon »

animesock52 wrote:
gamerbum wrote:The art looks very cute and the story seems rather charming, but your screenshot and descriptions have a lot of misspellings. If you don't already have a proofreader helping you, I'd really recommend getting one.
Thanks. I appreciate that. I'm sorry the spelling was so bad, I did rush a bit. But I still have horrible spelling despite being in college. I really should write these in word first. But that would be great. Though, the series isn't far enough just yet that I need that. I'm mostly still making the assets right now.
For the purposes of getting people interested in your game, you might want to at least replace the screenshot which manages to twice use 'your' when you meant 'you're', before it gets reposted everywhere. Early screenshots sometimes get cached and continue to come up when people search for your project, which can drag people's impressions down long after the problem was actually fixed.

animesock52

#7 Post by animesock52 »

papillon wrote:
animesock52 wrote:
For the purposes of getting people interested in your game, you might want to at least replace the screenshot which manages to twice use 'your' when you meant 'you're', before it gets reposted everywhere. Early screenshots sometimes get cached and continue to come up when people search for your project, which can drag people's impressions down long after the problem was actually fixed.
Thanks I appreciate that. I'll try and get that done when I get the chance this week.

Parataxis
Regular
Projects: Shadow City, Scribbles!
Tumblr: asktheprismguard

#8 Post by Parataxis »

This looks really cool! I will definitely keep an eye on it.

Taranee
Regular

#9 Post by Taranee »

I love dark and realistic versions of magical girls :D Your art is very beautiful.

neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

#10 Post by neuropsy »

Hey! If you're still lurking on this forum, I just wanted to stop by and say you have a really neat idea!

I'm also developing a Magical Girl VN based on the concept of "What would happen if Magical Girls really existed?" so I'm super excited to see how our narratives will diverge (and converge). I'm already seeing some major differences in our settings, and it just makes me even more eager to see what you do with the concept. I wonder how Crow and the gang will etch their names into Mahou Shoujo history, given how violent it turned out. Not to mention, I'm just plain curious about the world you developed in general!

Nice artwork, by the way! It's cute, but matches the dark setting well. This is a game I'll definitely be looking out for.
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight