Artist looking for NaNoRenO' 16 partners

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Kingv
Veteran
Projects: Pet Tails, Transformation Sequence, Cheer On!
Tumblr: EphemeralBalance
Deviantart: kingv

Artist looking for NaNoRenO' 16 partners

#1 Post by Kingv »

Hey guys! I know it's a bit early but thought I'd go ahead and start looking for folks willing to work together this year for NaNo. I've participated in a few entries in past years (The Merman's Captive,Cute Demon Crashers) and have concluded that what I like best is working as part of a team.

I have a vague idea in mind about a short otome revolving around working at a convenience store. So far there is one main character and two love interest. The setting in modern day and would be considered slice of life/romance. I want to do things a little different this year so am focusing on something I don't see much in VNs, namely an urban setting with POC. Game takes place over a one week period and would consist of being able to choose three work related activities during Morning, Noon, and Night each day and based on that different scenes would play out.
Quick sketch of the MC and Guy1.
Quick sketch of the MC and Guy1.
MC-Grumpy girl who's temporarily forced asked to work at her family's store for the week.
Guy1- MCs' coworker. Happy go lucky and a big kid. But because of this nobody takes him seriously and think he's just a joke.
Guy2- Family friend who works at the bakery next door. Comes in to help a lot.

Minimum Assets Needed:
Sprites(3): One female, Two males
Backgrounds(4):Front of store, Inside store( general and closeup of register), storage room
CG(4): Intro for guys, high affection ends for both

What I Can Do:
I'm primarily an artist and can handle most of the graphics including designing the GUI. Please check my signature of examples of my work! I can program the game as well since it's won't be anything fancy but I'd rather focus more so on art if I have the choice.

What I'm Looking For:
♥ WRITER
I have a really rough outline but it could use some TLC. Work would include being able to write 15 mini scenes that would occur once the MC chooses what activity to do for the day, all of which would be very short at less than 100 words. There are also longer scenes that occur once each day based on points with each love interest, so 10 of those.

♥ PROGRAMMER
Basically being able to make sure the game is playable. The game contains choices and variables to keep track of but nothing major. Being able to program a custom GUI is a big benefit. Would definitely help to alleviate some of my workload!

♥ ARTIST
It would be a huge help to have another artist on board to help out with things, especially if they want to tackle backgrounds. I'm totally open to tag teaming on all the art as well to move things along.

So yeah. If anyone's interested drop me a PM or reply here. Would love to get everything sorted out this month so that we can hit the ground running in March. Things are still in the planning stages so having people on board to help with brainstorming would be great. I'm in the process of clearing off my commission cue so that I'll have much more time to work on the game.

ibukichan
Regular
Completed: Project E.A.R.T.H. [NaNo '15]
Projects: A Step Ahead, Deadhead, Jinsei no Mondai
itch: aikosakana

Re: Artist looking for NaNoRenO' 16 partners

#2 Post by ibukichan »

The idea looks interesting so far! I'd be able to volunteer my services as a programmer~ I can definitely program the custom GUI :)

ellisama

#3 Post by ellisama »

I'm only starting as a programmer, but I've been writing for years. What you describe is something I could probably do in a day or so, if you give me a story outline.

Rokk
Tumblr: PirateKingZico

#4 Post by Rokk »

I really like this idea, it's not common to see an urban environment in visual novels. If you want help with writing, I can send some examples of my work :)

Kingv
Veteran

#5 Post by Kingv »

I really appreciate everyone's interest so far and have sent out PMs. Still looking for anyone interested!

Lareon
Regular
Projects: Water Girl, LOA
Organization: Galaxias Games
Tumblr: lacilia

#6 Post by Lareon »

Nice idea! I would love to help out with this project. I can do BG's and sprite art, I can also program, and write as well if needed.

Kingv
Veteran

#7 Post by Kingv »

Lareon wrote:Nice idea! I would love to help out with this project. I can do BG's and sprite art, I can also program, and write as well if needed.
Thanks for the interest! Any examples of your work would be greatly appreciated, especially BG art since that's going to be a pretty significant part of the game.

Lareon
Regular
Projects: Water Girl, LOA
Organization: Galaxias Games
Tumblr: lacilia

#8 Post by Lareon »

Kingv wrote:
Lareon wrote:Nice idea! I would love to help out with this project. I can do BG's and sprite art, I can also program, and write as well if needed.
Thanks for the interest! Any examples of your work would be greatly appreciated, especially BG art since that's going to be a pretty significant part of the game.
BG SAMPLES

http://img02.deviantart.net/c0fc/i/2016 ... 9pybso.jpg

http://img01.deviantart.net/c823/i/2015 ... 9kb3ue.jpg

http://img02.deviantart.net/e9e5/i/2016 ... 9nlv6m.jpg

http://img14.deviantart.net/1e2e/i/2016 ... 9pl6iq.jpg

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#9 Post by Ferdokki »

OMG YOU'RE STILL ON LSF!!!! ♥___♥ I've been a follower on your "Clearwater Crossing" development page since 2013, I'm sooooo excited to see that you're doing NaNoRenO! =D

I can help with the short scenes you mentioned that are like 100 words or so. That way other writers can work on the longer scripts.

Kingv
Veteran

#10 Post by Kingv »

Lareon wrote:
Kingv wrote:
BG SAMPLES

http://img02.deviantart.net/c0fc/i/2016 ... 9pybso.jpg

http://img01.deviantart.net/c823/i/2015 ... 9kb3ue.jpg

http://img02.deviantart.net/e9e5/i/2016 ... 9nlv6m.jpg

http://img14.deviantart.net/1e2e/i/2016 ... 9pl6iq.jpg
Thanks for the samples! I'll send you a PM shortly!
Ferdokki wrote:OMG YOU'RE STILL ON LSF!!!! ♥___♥ I've been a follower on your "Clearwater Crossing" development page since 2013, I'm sooooo excited to see that you're doing NaNoRenO! =D

I can help with the short scenes you mentioned that are like 100 words or so. That way other writers can work on the longer scripts.
Yup, I'm still here! Usually only post when I have updates for my games though. I'm really glad you're still keeping an eye on Clearwater Crossing. I know we chatted several times in the thread. Thanks for the offer to help! I'll send you a PM in a bit.

In other news I'm just about finished with a rough game outline. Once that's done I'll update the above posting with any revision to the assets needed. If anything looks like I'll need a few less scenes written than originally planned. If anyone else is interested in helping please feel free to reply here or PM me! Going to be closing applications tomorrow.