Void

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Emmyriceball

Void

#1 Post by Emmyriceball »

Void

Storyline

You can't clearly remember anything from before waking up only to be greeted by absolute darkness. This is a world where everything is controlled simply by the will of those in it--a cheerful girl and yourself. As long as someone wills it, even the laws of the universe can be ignored. You can have everything you want here, but is it really okay to forget about the true world and stay here?

Characters

You - A young man who suddenly found himself immersed in a strange world. He has trouble accepting the concept of this place since he's had laws of physics and such drilled into his mind thoroughly.

Hikari - A cheerful girl who greeted you when you first arrived. It's very easy to read her emotions and she seems to not be bothered at all by how this world works.

Image (only sketch done)
Kotone - She arrived a while after you did. She seems to prefer keeping to herself so she's a bit of a mystery. For some reason she seems a somehow familiar to you.

Progress

Hikari sprites finished with 15 expressions at the moment. More might be added later.
Kotone's sketch done.
One CG event sketch done.

The game contains 93 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 999 words.
For an average of 10.7 words per screen.

So, the script still has a ways to go, too.

Announcing my first ren'py project ever besides a short one minute game I made to figure out how it works. I'm pretty excited about this game, too! I still have a lot left to do, obviously, but I decided to post to get some motivation.

I would've liked to include more characters and stuff, but since this is my first game I didn't want to overload myself with work.

Right now I have four endings planned total, two for each girl. They'll be the normal ending and the best ending. I don't really want to include a bad ending because 1) Four is enough work at the moment 2) Bad endings make me sad?

So, um, tell me what you think about this so far I guess? x3

DarkSign

Re: Void

#2 Post by DarkSign »

Wow! A good storyline. But... can you handle such history only with 3 chars after all?
Programmer and Otaku

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#3 Post by AngelicCarrot »

It sounds so original >__< Wow

A little complicated though :o So you could like... Wish for the Titanic and you'd get it? O_o
Life, Liberty and RAINBOWS OF HAPPINESS

http://angelicalchemey.deviantart.com/

Emmyriceball

#4 Post by Emmyriceball »

DarkSign - Well, I think I'll be able to accomplish everything I want to with only two characters. I think. x3

AngelicCarrot - Really? Thankies! x3 Yeah, although it also does require a bit of believing that it will happen if you want it to. If that makes sense. The protagonist can't really get over how it doesn't seem possible to him, so he has problems getting things to happen.

Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

#5 Post by Jo'ogn »

Emmyriceball wrote:although it also does require a bit of believing that it will happen if you want it to. If that makes sense. The protagonist can't really get over how it doesn't seem possible to him, so he has problems getting things to happen.
The fascinating concept of "I create my own reality"? It not just using the head/brain and think, but the inner trust and believe that I can do it?

A similar theme will be part of my Relationship Adventure "Kassiopeia" and reason, why the protagonist "drifts" away from his rather down-to-earth wife.
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

Seihn
Projects: Sazanami

#6 Post by Seihn »

First I'd like to say that I'm impressed by the art... it caught my attention first and I really like it. ^_^

As to the story, it sounds like you've got a good base down but I guess I have a question about it: what do want your players to walk away from your game with? Um, I mean... you've set the stage for us but I wonder if I could hear your thoughts on how you want the player to feel? Is there a lesson for us? Ehehe, sorry if it's too soon to ask, I'm just curious. You mention it will examine whether having a world where all your dreams can come true is good or not; what do you think? :)

Oh, and have you done very much with Kotone yet? What will she be like? What will she bring into the story that Hikari can't?

Emmyriceball

#7 Post by Emmyriceball »

Jo'ogn) Yeah, that's the idea. c: I'll make sure to check out your game.

Seihn) Thanks I worked really hard on it!

Well, right now I think that one of the messages will be that even if things are tough you shouldn't turn your back on the world.

Yeah, I have a lot of ideas about Kotone. She's a little unsocial and skeptical at first but she warms up to you after a while. And there's a reason why she seems familiar to you, too. She's going to arrive after you kind of make a comment that Hikari would probably want a female around to talk to. At least, that's my current plan so far. She enables you to realize something really important to the story.

Seihn

#8 Post by Seihn »

Ehehe, thanks for answering such an unreasonable question, Emmyriceball. A story with that motivating force sounds quite interesting. :3 I look forward to trying it out whenever you finish it.

Oh um, could I request some more artwork? Ehehe... I wasn't lying when I said I liked what you have up right now; it's kind of inspiring to me.

Emmyriceball

#9 Post by Emmyriceball »

Seihn) Now I'm nervous it might not be up to your expectations. x3

I'll post more once I make more. x3 The next piece I'm working on is what's going to be on the main title screen, I think. c:

Emmyriceball

#10 Post by Emmyriceball »

There's the concept for the main title screen artwork, drawn while watching the first Cardcaptor Sakura movie x3. And it features the protagonist. I was originally gonna not draw his eyes like a lot of renai games seem to do, but that looked creepy, so...

This is for you, Seihn. x3

I screwed up on a number of things so I'll fix those when I CG it.
But I won't be able to do that for a little while because for the next week I'm on a computer that doesn't even have word, let alone photoshop.

Seihn

#11 Post by Seihn »

Ehehe, thank you for the artwork; it looks great! I know it's a little shallow of me but I kind of get drawn to games through their art first and then I research their stories to tell if they sound worthwhile. You haven't disappointed, that's for sure. :D I can't wait to see that picture once it's been touched up on a computer. X3

I know what it's like to not have Word since my computer's in a similar situation, so I look forward to whatever you can do whenever you can do it. Good luck, Emmyriceball; I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread for any more developements that need appraisal.