Making an Android Build

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
BlueStylus
Completed: Nihil: The Watcher
itch: bluestylus

Making an Android Build

#1 Post by BlueStylus »

Code: Select all

Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266

Updating project.

Creating assets directory.

Packaging internal data.

I'm using Gradle to build the package.
To honour the JVM settings for this build a new JVM will be forked. Please consider using the daemon: https://docs.gradle.org/6.1.1/userguide/gradle_daemon.html.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Unable to start the daemon process.
This problem might be caused by incorrect configuration of the daemon.
For example, an unrecognized jvm option is used.
Please refer to the User Manual chapter on the daemon at https://docs.gradle.org/6.1.1/userguide/gradle_daemon.html
Process command line: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk8u312-b07\bin\java.exe -Xmx3g -Dfile.encoding=windows-1252 -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en -Duser.variant -cp C:\Users\blues\.gradle\wrapper\dists\gradle-6.1.1-bin\4i3ntwqiazourd86epxcz427c\gradle-6.1.1\lib\gradle-launcher-6.1.1.jar org.gradle.launcher.daemon.bootstrap.GradleDaemon 6.1.1
Please read the following process output to find out more:
-----------------------
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

The build seems to have failed.
:(
I've downloaded the JDK (which was a nightmare because of the new website, might I add), installed the SDK stuff, configured everything, finished testing the visual novel in phone emulation, but Renpy refuses to package it into an APK. :( :( I am using a gaming laptop, should have enough RAM already... idk what to do. Help!!!

eezergoode
Regular

Re: Making an Android Build

#2 Post by eezergoode »

I'm not super familliar with Android packaging, but IIRC the max size for a single APK is 2gb, and it looks like you are trying to package 3+ gig into it.
Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap
I may be reading that wrong, or I may be wrong on the file size limit, as I said, I'm not super familiar with Android packaging, just saying what it looks like to me.
Eezergoode - AKA Rabid Penguin
Team Lead

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
Confucius
Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)