[CLOSED] (Thanks to all who applied!) Musician / Composer needed for Morricone-Inspired Themes

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Widdershins
Regular
Completed: Burdock
Projects: Bright Oak
Organization: Butterfly Rocket Studios
Tumblr: brightoakgame
itch: ButterflyRocket
Discord: Widdershins_Writes

[CLOSED] (Thanks to all who applied!) Musician / Composer needed for Morricone-Inspired Themes

#1 Post by Widdershins »

Hello, fellow humans!

I am in the process of gathering some final assets for a yet-to-be-announced visual novel, which has been a passion project of mine these last several years. The setting is a small California mountain town in 1968, and while it is technically science fiction by genre, a small western town banding together in the face of adversity requires a Western soundtrack.

With this in mind, I’m looking for someone to reinterpret the style of Ennio Morricone for me (akin to Ludwig Göransson’s excellent work for The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett)-- but in miniature. Byte-sized, if you will (I am so sorry, I do not know why I’m like this).

What I am looking for:
  • -15 separate themes, running roughly 1-2 minutes in length (I might stretch this for one or two, but we can discuss!)

-Instrumentation: guitar, flute, strings, harmonica, whistling, mouth harp, guttural shouts, marimba-- get weird! I only ask that it stick (loosely) with the 1960s theme.

-A final track with vocals, in the style of 60s-70s Bond themes (I am chaos). I will provide lyrics and vocals, so this will be collaborative.
Upon request, I can provide a playlist of specific Morricone themes for review. Please reply with links to your music, your rates, past credits, and any other relevant information, questions, and/or terrible puns you feel should be included.

Thank you,

B.
Email: BrightOakGame@gmail.com
Last edited by Widdershins on Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Follow Bright Oak's progress on Itch ✨ Tumblr

PurpleMind
Regular
Completed: I contributed to 22 visual novels so far!
Projects: Kosmos Connections, Black Heaven, The Inn Between, Sugar Service, Driftwood, The Glass Coffin, Heart Agency
Discord: Marek Domagała#1778

Re: [OPEN] [PAID] Musician / Composer needed for Morricone-Inspired Themes

#2 Post by PurpleMind »

I sent a PM. :)