[Solved] Can't figure out Kinetic Text. Got it to work in the past, but can't now.

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Qchosis

[Solved] Can't figure out Kinetic Text. Got it to work in the past, but can't now.

#1 Post by Qchosis »

Hello!!! Could anyone help me by any chance?
Apparently, I knew things in the past I can't seem to remember now, ahaha.
Right now, I'm trying to get the Kinetic Text Tags to work, I have projects where I coded it in before, and they still work.
So I know it's definitely an error on my part!
But trying to get it to work with this new project has not yielded the same results. I messed around in my folders, downloading,
dropping the "game" folder (that came from the kinetic zipped folder) directly in the Renpy program folder and then the direct project folder, but both didn't work.

Here is a link in reference to what I'm talking about: [GET HUB LINK][/https://github.com/SoDaRa/Kinetic-Text- ... t_tags.rpy]
And here is the video I watched to try and install it: [Youtuber Tutorial][/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3bbdIAq-1M]

When I say "isn't working," I mean, I don't get any project error messages, but it doesn't apply the effect to the words either. It just does nothing D::
BUT before I got to that point, my trace back kept saying, "Unknown Text Tag." But it's not giving me that error anymore.

I'm specifically trying to get the shaky text to work. Here's what my code looks like for the project that isn't working.

Thank you in advance!!

Code: Select all

Narrator "\'You look great! So she said. {sc=1}. . .{/sc}\'"
Narrator "\'I think that looks just fine. So he said.{sc=1}. . .{/sc}\'"