The 2008 Lemmy Visual Novel Awards - Results now posted!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: The 2008 Lemmy Visual Novel Awards - Results now posted!

#106 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#107 Post by Blue Lemma »

Aww... *pats teh mugen*

But you did get the 2nd best overall game - that's quite the achievement given all the games in 2008!

I asked Lemma to go over and comfort you, but she said you freak her out, so... :?
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

lucy
Lucy-Class Veteran

#108 Post by lucy »

mugenjohncel wrote:"POOF" (Goes into Extended Sulking Mode in some dark lonely corner of the house)
Hush-Hush (Embraces Mugen)

Cheer Up Emo Guy! You can still join next time... see look!... (Points the LCD towards Mugen) special mention!

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#109 Post by Samu-kun »

Whew...

(also, nice job with the awards ceremony, Lemma. Maybe I'll be able to enter something really good for 09. =w=)

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#110 Post by F.I.A »

Congratulations to all winners! Too bad EVE never makes it to the list. Oh well, not that it matters...

Now let's look forward to potential participants for 2009.

EDIT: And let's us have another look at the group before bidding farewell to 2008(Old picture, I know.)

Last edited by F.I.A on Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#111 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

I was wondering why it was taking so long to display the results- now I see. Great job Blue Lemma- it was definitely more dramatic and meaningful than just posting the results.
And thanks for the honor- I'll be sure to post that badge on Summer Snow's website
*sigh* Remembering how many people were touched by something I was able to write... it really makes me want to pull out some of my old game ideas I had started writing for, but never got very far. After all, this heart has at least a few more ideas it would like to share with the world.

I'd like to extend my congratulations to the other winners, as well as those who were nominated, and also those who were able to complete a game in 2008. It's definitely a lot of hard work- good job!

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#112 Post by Blue Lemma »

I just realized the Innovative award has Lemma's ponytail popping out of the badge :oops: oops

I'll clean them up a bit more later ^_^ Right now I'm Lemmy-ed out and a bit behind on my thesis, so that will have to wait!

ShiraiJunichi: I'm glad you feel that way :D
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

mrsulu
Regular
Completed: Lady Sugarplum's Bad Day

#113 Post by mrsulu »

Arigato!

Perhaps when my current wave of deadlines pass, I'll take a look at making a sequel. I will work hard on even fanservicier fanservice. Note to self: Chipmunk-themed ecchi SELLS!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#114 Post by monele »

It tooks some efforts to get there but yay! Awards awarded :)

Blue, you should *really* make some new VN (or release Hanafuda? :3) because this was all very amusing (and totally worth the wait in that regard).

Congrats to all the participants !

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#115 Post by chronoluminaire »

Awesome! Congrats to one and all. It's been great to see these awards go ahead, and my congratulations to the winners and nominees.

Now, I really need to get Mermaid Liaisons finished in 2009 so as to get a shot at getting into next year's awards! :)
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#116 Post by DaFool »

Blue Lemma, you put a lot of effort in this, thanks. The accompanying conversation graphics were a nice touch.

I'm sorry I expressed a bit of irritation at the way things were handled in the beginning (despite not participating in nominations and judging in the end)... anyways, wow I actually won! I don't have much pride in my works nowadays, but I will do better, it's the only thing I can do to show appreciation for what you and your forum has contributed.

usul
Veteran
Projects: Teachings of the Buddha, System-Addict, Generation XxX

#117 Post by usul »

Great presentation of the awards. I was expecting a simple listing, this was more entertaining. Maybe next year we'll have it in the form of a Ren'py VN!

Oh and I personally think The Fucking Question was the most entertaining game I played last year for what it's worth.
"The universe is non-simultaneously apprehended"
— Buckminster Fuller

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#118 Post by JQuartz »

Blue Lemma, congratulations! Yes, I know you didn't participate in Lemmys but your presentation was good. I found it to be very entertaining. I don't even need to download 10s of mb to read the funny dialogue. But don't be too inflated though cause I'm a total sucker for funny stuff so other people who's taste are more normal might not be as entertained by it as I had.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#119 Post by sake-bento »

Congratulations to the winners, and really to everyone who completed a game. And thanks to everyone who voted.

I look forward to next year. Here's hoping I'll be a contender this time. Although from the looks of the in progress forum, I'm really gonna have to step it up. o.o

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#120 Post by JQuartz »

sake-bento wrote:Congratulations to the winners, and really to everyone who completed a game.
Oh yeah, congratulations to the winners as well and to everyone who participated in the Lemmys. (Too distracted by the Award Ceremony presentation to remember the actual purpose of checking out the results.)
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.