NaNoRenO 2007 Blitz Recruitment/Resource Store

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

NaNoRenO 2007 Blitz Recruitment/Resource Store

#1 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

NaNoRenO participants will soon be surging forward with work on their games- and most of them could use a bit of help.

Have a few spare images or musical compositions? Why not post them here so they can be used for NaNoRenO.

Will you have some spare time to draw a few images, or compose a few songs during the month of March? Why not sign up here, so participants can PM you for a little assistance.

Are you a NaNoRenO participant looking for some help with some aspect of your game? Post here to let others know of your needs.

Keep in mind that completed art should be submitted before March 1 only if it was originally created for a something other than a NaNoRenO game. Because completed work for a NaNoRenO game shouldn't even exist until March 1. Only concept sketches or doodles are allowed before March 1, if they are made with the intention of being in a NaNoRenO game.

I'll try to maintain a summary of this entire thread in this first post.

Resources available to anyone:

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=445

NaNoRenO participants requesting services:

ShiraiJunichi - character artist (and possibly music)
pheriannath - character artist for first 2 weeks of NaNoRenO
BCS - Background Music

Wonderful, magnificent, (insert favorite synonym for "great" here), People volunteering services:

Recca Pheonix - Photographs and *possibly* art or music
TMBPower - Character Art
Ignosco - Proof reading
Last edited by ShiraiJunichi on Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

pheriannath
Regular

#2 Post by pheriannath »

I'll probably need a character artist sometime in the 1st or 2nd week of March, when I've got the script and the characters all definitively firmed out. Not right now, this is just a forecast call for help :)

I won't need that many images, I'm not an facial expression maniac >_>

Mihel
Regular
Projects: Foxtaile, Dream Chasers, Wedding Vows

#3 Post by Mihel »

I have a bunch of song skeletons floating around, some of which could be whipped into shape in time for March. I'll grab 'em, give 'em a run for 'eir money, and post 'em.

I don't know whether or not I can write custom music for anyone at this point, but I certainly hope I can :) I'll post more about that when I know more.
Will you stay here for a while, dear, 'til the radio plays something familiar?

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#4 Post by lordcloudx »

hmm... having nothing better to do right now, can I donate? Maybe a few outlines like papillon made in png or psd 4mat.

and... I'm a bit insecure to volunteer for any actual project *hints*
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

#5 Post by Recca Phoenix »

I *may* be able to do art or music....

Photographs are definitely OK, though.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#6 Post by Watercolorheart »

I'm in the process of writing my story, but you know me ... I'll take over all the art aspects and try to hodgepodge something together.

I could really use background music that doesn't sound generic, and I already used TAM Music factory for Controlled Chaos ... I don't want to double up.
I'm not even the same person anymore

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Feel free to simply post any resources that you're willing to donate to any NaNoRenO project.

I'm wondering if people should claim such resources, so that the same image doesn't appear in three games...

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by DaFool »

A simple "I claim this" should suffice.

The whole purpose of this thread is to make it easy for people to donate resources without getting roped into a full-on collaboration (unless they want to).

If one can prepare the resources in time ('prepare' meaning make as a ready-to-use format), expect an upload frenzy on March 1.

EDIT:
Here's how I see it...

1.) Full-On-Collaboration...
A: Hi! I need character art for this NaNoRenO game.
B: Sign me up!
A: PM Sent / Email sent

2.) One-Night-Stands
B: Uh, I'm not using this, so here ya go.
A: I like it. I claim B's _______ for my game.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#9 Post by lordcloudx »

ok then, bit of a rush job, but have generic schoolgirl

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictur ... houjo1.png
(cg her urself, I'm lazy. I have the psd for changing her facial expression.)
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

pheriannath
Regular

#10 Post by pheriannath »

It's a little less than a week before NaNoRenO starts, and I've pretty much firmed out my plot...with that, my requirements have changed a little.

My protagonist...is blind.

He experiences the world around him through his other senses - hearing, smell, touch, taste, and that elusive 'sixth sense' that everyone has but rarely uses. Consequently:

- I no longer need character art. What a convenient workaround! ^_^

- I will have to portray my backgrounds into what I perceive as a blind man's perspective - it's not that easy to do (really), but I think I can manage with my trusty camera and Gimp skills. Some of the blind walk in memories, they say...

- Thus, I will only need help with background music for this one. I'd be grateful to anyone who can help.

To set you up with an overall feel: this story is set in the future. Mankind has brought technology a long way. Think futuristic night life, flashy lights...Neo-Tokyo :P

I'll reveal more in time, probably a short synopsis when NaNoRenO finally begins and I start work on the real script. Although if anyone has Labyrinth, I can pass you my background plot file...

absinthe
Regular

#11 Post by absinthe »

Cool workaround! I'm using spirits and auras, myself, to achieve a similar effect -- the charas will be blurry except for their eyes, so it'll be really easy to draw. I hope. And I think the effect will really contribute to the story.

Believe it or not, I actually have half a game written with a blind protagonist (I never finish anything but I start a lot)! Although I handle mine a bit differently (using CG flashbacks), as my protagonist has just recently become blind, and it's definitely not set in the future.

And it's a lot of fun to put the music and special effects (try freesound for special effects) together -- if you can't find a custom scorer, there're some good Creative Commons-licensed works out there too (try Magnatune or CCMixter or podsafe audio).
My 2007 NaNo entry: Eidolon

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by monele »

That's the kind of creativity I love. Creativity appearing because of a lack of time/means is great and is nowhere to be seen in commercial games because they *always* have the means (or just never get published). Yay for indies~

Jake
Support Hero

#13 Post by Jake »

I'll be...

...crap. I'll be drawing a lot. ;-)

The blind thing is an interesting idea, though - I'm looking forward to seeing how the scenes get visualised...
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

TMBpower
Regular

#14 Post by TMBpower »

I'm available for character art.:D Refs below:

One
Two
Three

I dunno about creating background art from scratch, though I do have some pretty handy photographs from Europe if anyone would need them (like cathedrals and stuff). I'll post a link once I upload them.
Volunteer CG artist, if your story interests me (which is very likely!).
PM me if you want me on your team!
Current Project: None

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

TMBpower wrote:I'm available for character art.:D Refs below:

One
Two
Three

I dunno about creating background art from scratch, though I do have some pretty handy photographs from Europe if anyone would need them (like cathedrals and stuff). I'll post a link once I upload them.
Kawaii nee~ I really like the first one. I bet you'll be getting plenty of requests (if you don't charge, that is... )